Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Bluebird Homecare in Limerick

• 17-05-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I was offered a job with Bluebird Homecare, however I would like to know what they are like to work for. I have searched the net but I do not seem to find anything (blogs, forums etc). Maybe no news is good news, but if there is someone who has worked for them, maybe you might want to share your experiences with me; good or bad.

Thank you

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

AFAIK Bluebird itself is a franchise, so if you want to know more about who you'll be working for, find out who's running the show here in Limerick and make some enquiries then. I see your info says you're in Donegal, will you be moving down here specifically to start with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 caramel0

No actually I live in Limerick City already, as far I know there is only one office in Limerick (Howleys Quay) and it is the headoffice for all the Bluebird offices, that's what the manager told me. However I would not really want to put their name on a forum, so if anyone has some general knowledge or advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I know someone who worked for them before and they didn't seem very organised. Also, the hours were not regular. She had a few clients with various levels of service. At weekends, for example, she had 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours late in the evening. 1 hour of each was in Shannon and the other in Limerick city. It seems to depend on which clients you are working with.

Advertisement