Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

calf not well

• 17-05-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I bought 6 calves about 4 weeks ago. 1 calf got a scour after about a week, which was cured at the time.

But calf not that well since. I gave a vitamin injenction on Saturday and injected with antiobiotic for 3 days as he had a bit of a runny eye. However calf still not going mad for meal like his colleagues but drinking milk twice a day. Calf appears a little dead in himself. Calf dungiing ok. I think if I could get him eating more meal then he could improve, but he is only nibbling a little.

Any views

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

have you given him electrolytes? how is his dung now, could he have coccidiosis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

are the calves in or out ,bought in the mart or from a farmer could be any of alot of things if he is not scouring but still not thriving ,lack of colostrum at birth ,bvd etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Tomjim

he got electrolytes when he had the scour, it could be coccidisios, what would be the best way of dealing with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Tomjim wrote: »
    he got electrolytes when he had the scour, it could be coccidisios, what would be the best way of dealing with this.

We use Vecoxan 1ml/2.5kgs I think and a few Sulpha No.2 powders.

Advertisement