Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy theories time (no series 6 spoilers)

• 17-05-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Theory 1
    So I'm just going to go and use the cracks to explain absolutely everything that has happened in the new series:
    The Unquiet Dead: The ghost alien things were coming through a crack
    Dalek: The Dalek fell through a crack
    Boom Town: The rift is a crack (and it's why everyone always forgets that Cardiff exists *ba dum tsh*
    Parting of Ways: the Dalek Emperor fell through a crack
    Rise of the Cybermen: The walls between the universes are weakened due to the cracks (I believe that a Cyberman in the Series Fnarg finale mentions all realities being torn apart by them)
    Shakespeare Code: I think you see where this is going
    Blink: How the angels got to Earth

I don't think I need to mention every episode of Series Five.

Theory 2
    I'm afraid I've not seen much of the classic series but I've seen all of Genesis of the Daleks and I've read a synopses of The Daleks and how it differs from later canon and I came up with this idea:

In the Daleks, the Daleks are unable to leave their city (due to being powered by static electricity or something). In Genesis of the Daleks we learn that Davros' Daleks use the Mark 3 Travel Device as its armour. Well, perhaps the Mark 2 or 1 was reliant of static electricity?

I was going to do a summary of the events of Genesis, but TBH I can't be bothered so I'll assume you've all seen it. My theory is that everything in Genesis of the Daleks happens more or less normally (without the Doctor though) up until the point that the both the Thal and Kaled domes are destroyed and the scientists rebel against Davros. The difference being that this time they succeed. Davros is thrown down and the pre-made Dalek mutants are destroyed along with the Mark 3 Travel Devices.

The remaining Kaled scientists persue the original purpose: Creating some sort of convenience for the future of their race as they mutate (which they refer to as becoming Daleks because the name just stuck). They build the metal Dalek city seen in the Daleks and the Thal race survives through the group that Bettan escaped with.

Please explain to me why I'm totally wrong.

Advertisement