Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic day out in sligo?

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I'd love some suggestions, my boyfriend has had a particularly tough two weeks at work with deadlines, and i'd love to do something romantic and spontaneous for him on Sunday. We're in mayo but spend a lot of time in Enniscrone and sligo, i was thinking seaweed baths and picnic on the beach but i was wondering if anybody had any more creative suggestions?! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

C-J wrote: »
    I'd love some suggestions, my boyfriend has had a particularly tough two weeks at work with deadlines, and i'd love to do something romantic and spontaneous for him on Sunday. We're in mayo but spend a lot of time in Enniscrone and sligo, i was thinking seaweed baths and picnic on the beach but i was wondering if anybody had any more creative suggestions?! Thanks in advance

Beach visit is a very good idea.. If you could get to streedagh beach during a sunset it would be lovely.

You have a view of a mountain.. A beach.. And a sunset.. All at the same time.. It's fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hazelwood is a lovely place for a picnic. Seaweed bath is a good idea. If you feel energetic you could always walk up Knocknarea and have a picnic at the top, fantastic views over Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

The seaweed baths are lovely but remember you will be so relaxed after leaving them you won't want to do anything too active, so maybe climb knocknarea first with a picnic and then relax in the baths!

It's really beautiful when you get to the top, here's hoping the weather allows for it, if not there are many nice restaurants in Strandhill, the Venue up the top of the village does lovely food as does The Strand and Bella Vista. Shells cafe also does a beautiful homemade burger, it's yum and if you get a window seat it's really nice to watch the waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Don't eat outside if you go to Shells. The amount of flies around there is unreal.

Advertisement