Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientist Flips, Blows Global Warming to Bits

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

David Evans is a scientist. He has also worked in the heart of the AGW machine. He consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modeling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He has six university degrees, including a PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. The other day he said:
    "The debate about global warming has reached ridiculous proportions and is full of micro-thin half-truths and misunderstandings. I am a scientist who was on the carbon gravy train, understands the evidence, was once an alarmist, but am now a skeptic."

truth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I love the way fox news reports it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

It's a taxable theory, some how I don't think global warming is ever going to be disproved.

This applies to every place on the planet.

Too cold - Global warming
    Too Warm - Global warming
    Too Dry - Global warming
    Too wet - Global warming
    Too windy - Global warming
    Too sexy for your shirt - Global warming

Global warming folks, the mother of green tax. Worshipped by 'Green' parties around the world......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

You guys are so 90's.

Did none of ye read the email, it's climate change :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Believed it until i read this at the bottom:
    While you’re listening to the CEOs of American oil companies being grilled by Congress today, remember all of this. They’re going to try to punish an industry that is vital to our economy and national security, and much of the desire to do that is based on this false “science” that has been ginned up by government itself as an excuse to control more of our energy sector, raise untold revenues for its use and to pick winners and losers. All based on something which is, according to Evans and other scientists, now demonstrably false.

Oil companies scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

tony tony tony did you get confussed with the wording.... this paragraph doesn't say anything about an oil company scam,

All based on something(that carbon dioxide causes climate change) which is, according to Evans and other scientists, now demonstrably false.

it's not saying that this article is false!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Whatever happened to acid rain ?

pegasus1 wrote: »
    tony tony tony did you get confussed with the wording.... this paragraph doesn't say anything about an oil company scam,

All based on something(that carbon dioxide causes climate change) which is, according to Evans and other scientists, now demonstrably false.

it's not saying that this article is false!;)

What i'm saying is that the whole article is credible until you read the bit about oil companies being the greatest thing on earth, then you realise that some oil company wrote this as a propaganda exercise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

eigrod wrote: »
    Whatever happened to acid rain ?

Or the hole in the ozone layer.

All this green agenda is trying to cash in on the void left by religion.
    Is humans love feeling guilty about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

What i'm saying is that the whole article is credible until you read the bit about oil companies being the greatest thing on earth, then you realise that some oil company wrote this as a propaganda exercise.

have a look at this, http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/scientist-thinks-cosmic-rays-may-be-altering-the-planets-climate/

pegasus1 wrote: »

I don't doubt the fact that AGW is mostly a great scam, but the article this thread is about is complete bullsh1t, going by the last paragraph of it which i quoted above . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

wow, this whole thread is an epic fail.

To those who asked what happened to acid rain and the hole in the ozone layer?
    Well they haven't gone away by a long shot, but they weren't allowed to get out of control because we took action to reduce cfc emissions and to clean up exhaust emissions from cars and industry to reduce the causes of acid rain.

This thread appears to just be a bunch of anti science conspiracy theorists slapping themselves in the back for being such free thinkers that they didn't get caught up in the manufactured hysteria of the climate science industry (cause when I think of private interests using their massive resources to spin the media with propaganda, the IPCC is the first thing that pops into my head,... how can the poor oil and coal industry possibly compete against their might?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

As i've said said before skewing data for propaganda purposes is not exclusive to one side in this issue. while some are quick to point how research detailing agw is flawed, they are less inclined to point out how big corporations have in the past paid people to arrive at conclusions that were satisfactory to them, rather than being an accurate assessment of the facts. with this in mind i'd be very suspicious of paid lobbyists for the energy industry. Had they conducted this research on their own time, without compensation for doing so, i'd be less skeptical of this article and others by our good friend Mr Withdraw!

Advertisement