Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus eireann bus from cork to cobh

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do bus eireann run any services into or near cobh, and if they do, what the route number is. I know there's a bus stop on the Great Island side of the cross river ferry, but I've never seen any bus pass by there. Anyone have any idea? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think there is one - get the train. I think a private operator runs a town service in Cobh.

Route 223 does Cork-Passage West-Haulbowline http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1296225746-223.pdf

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Train goes to Cobh alright - timetable can be got on the Irish Rail site

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

Slugs wrote: »
    I know there's a bus stop on the Great Island side of the cross river ferry, but I've never seen any bus pass by there.

I dont know why that bus stop is there to be honest. No Bus Eireann bus route comes into Cobh (unless theres something wrong with the train and they run a bus service to replace it!)

The train runs directly from Cork to Cobh. Trains leave every hour, i think its on the hour leaving from Cork, and on the half hour leaving from Cobh, but that may not be 100% correct.

Advertisement