Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

journey break for young kids

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi

Am driving down from the North East to Waterford on Friday with 2 young kids and a baby. We need to stop midways on the M9 to feed the baby and have a snack with the kids.

Could anybody recommend a spot along the road (or v near the road) which would keep the kids happy? Maybe has a playground in it (get rid of some pent up energy sitting in a car.....)?

tks a mill for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not sure if Parenting (where more folks with kids are likely to hang out) or Commuting/Transport (where more folks who know the roads and their facilities) is a better home for this than this forum, but I'm going to send it over to Parenting for a start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Drove to tramore last year, through wexford and there's a pretty big tesco store enroute (as you hit wexford, or just before - sorry I'm not great on detail, but someone else might know the one I'm talking about?). Large carpark so great for getting buggies/bags out of car. A decent size coffee shop to the right of the main store (but inside the store), with loads of space and a couple of kiddie rides (the ones you put 1euro into). It's a very basic canteen-style coffee shop, but it did the trick for myself and 4 young children last year...I'll have a look to see if I can find the exact location.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Fittle wrote: »
    Drove to tramore last year, through wexford and there's a pretty big tesco store enroute (as you hit wexford, or just before - sorry I'm not great on detail, but someone else might know the one I'm talking about?). Large carpark so great for getting buggies/bags out of car. A decent size coffee shop to the right of the main store (but inside the store), with loads of space and a couple of kiddie rides (the ones you put 1euro into). It's a very basic canteen-style coffee shop, but it did the trick for myself and 4 young children last year...I'll have a look to see if I can find the exact location.

tks Fittle but will be travelling down the M9 road (naas, carlow direction). Cheers for replying though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

There would be a decent sized park with playground etc in Carlow town, as I'm sure with other towns but the problem with the M9 is that it bypasses all these now :o

Are you planning to stop in any of the towns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You will have to come off the M9 to get to any decent stop. Carlow or Kilkenny perhaps. We have stopped in Kilkenny before. There's a fine big park at the castle, and a playground for the kids to stretch their legs in. That may be a bit too far into the journey for you though.
    If you mean mid way on your journey then perhaps somewhere just south of Dublin (Avoca perhaps) will be less of a detour from your route. You'll only have a couple of hours from there to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

well was actually thinking of that arbetorum in Leighlinbridge. Somebody told me that they think there's a playground there - anybody here know for sure?

Advertisement