Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint pad pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I, too, would be interested in any feedback from anyone who has used this particular paint pad.
    I recently examined a "Point and Paint" pad in Woodies for about €25 but it seemed to be missing some of the features of the Paint Pad Pro. Also, the pad surface seemed different.

Is the Paint Pad Pro on sale here (Dublin) in any of the DIY shops? I hate buying anything without getting to examine it first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

IMO you can not beat a good set of paint brushes.

Whilst I have no experience of this particular product I do know that these type products have been advertised for years and are targeted at DIY'ers who want to take a short cut. They never work as well as demonstrated on TV, they use more paint and do not give the desired finish.

I have never seen a professional painter use any of these products.
    A good old fashioned paint brush with a bit of patience and a stead hand and you will get a fantastic finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Hi, I agree with trigger happy on this one as these products have been around for years in different forms. My sister bought that dulux paint pod a few years back and it was a joke. First of all it needed special paint and in my opinion the only thing special was the massive price. Secondly It used way to much paint or not enough. Third, the cleaning process took twice as long.

I used it for one wall and chucked it. Then there was another product where you filled the actual roller with paint and just painted till refill needed every 5 minutes. This was crap aswell.

The fastest, easiest and best way is with a roller and a brush. This technique was continue to surpass all others as it is the right way to do it.

All these products are complete novelty, but trust me the novelty wears off very quick when you see the crappy finish and prep time. Most of your time will be spent filling the thing up and wiping your hands of paint every 2 seconds.

As for that lad endorsing it, he would sell his own mother for a few bob. I wouldnt take his opinion for anything as his opinion always has a pricetag attached;)

I tend to agree with the gimmicky nature of this type of product, and always directed at the non-professional diy-type buyer.
    But I find myself tempted as I'm about to paint ceilings on stairs and landing and getting a brush (and my hand) right up there to do a decent cutting in job is not the easiest thing in the world.

For normal room painting I always use the roller and am totally happy with that, even cutting in on feature walls I can manage ok, but the very high ceiling is the fearsome job!

Thanks for the feedback!

the way I do those parts is by simply standing or kneeling on the bannister. Im 6ft4' so I find it easy enough. Another method would be to lay a plank from the step to the bannister. This may seem a bit cowboyish and not the safest but when I do it I always ensure nothing will move when im on it or leaning against it. That said, its very easy to get wrong so use your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Piece of crap tbh. If you look at the ads, something seems a bit fishy on it. Look at how thick the pain is on the roller. It looks thicker than normal paint, so its likely its been modified for the tv ads to look better.

Waste of money tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I bought 1 about 2 months ago,the very next day I threw it out in the bin

ITS MUCK.:mad:

Good to hear all those bad reports. :)

I guess I'll be doing what I did last time I painted those high ceiling edges ... brush duct taped to the end of a long pole! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

ronaldo84 wrote: »
    just seen this on telly looks good http://www.pitch.tv/paint-pad-pro.aspx
    what ye think??

I had to laugh at that video.
    They ask you to "watch as the Paint Pad Pro helps to give you a smooth and even finish" while at exactly the same time he says the word "even" you can clearly see the pad missing a spot and leaving a patch unpainted.

Rancid wrote: »
    Good to hear all those bad reports. :)

I guess I'll be doing what I did last time I painted those high ceiling edges ... brush duct taped to the end of a long pole! :rolleyes:

:D been there done that :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement