Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best place for pick and mix sweets?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

They must have the following:

chocolate covered peanuts,
    marshmallows,
    chocolate gems,
    white mice,
    false teeth,
    milk bottles.

That is all I can think of. I do not like it when the sweets are in a tall cup; a paper bag is very important. So if you have any information, please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's this great place in San Francisco you should really try :rolleyes:

Without an idea of where you're located, we can't answer that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Belmont100 wrote: »
    chocolate gems,

false teeth,

Apart from a location as Faith pointed out

What's a chocolate gem? I know midget gems, and I know iced/chocolate gems you can buy in bags, but I don't know of chocolate gems you can buy as pick&mix

Also you know the false teeth they have now are crap, the old proper false teeth are gone a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

star-pants wrote: »

Also you know the false teeth they have now are crap, the old proper false teeth are gone a few years.

YES! +1! The new teeth are awful, all foamy and yuck. The old sweet strawberries and cream ones were lightly dusted in cornflour...I'd give my two front teeth for those:)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

IF you are based in Dublin there is a new sweet shop called Happy Pills by Central Bank (same side as the Foggy Dew) and they do most of those sweets in pic'n'mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

giddybootz wrote: »
    IF you are based in Dublin there is a new sweet shop called Happy Pills by Central Bank (same side as the Foggy Dew) and they do most of those sweets in pic'n'mix.

Yeah if you're looking to get robbed too, definitely check it out! That place is ridiculously overpriced for the things they are selling!

If you are in Sligo, we have some deadly sweet shops here. O'Brien's has everything you could think of and if not, they'll go out of their way to order the sweets in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Clerys have one of those Sweet shops just inside the door or they did a few months ago unless it was only temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Lornen wrote: »
    Yeah if you're looking to get robbed too, definitely check it out! That place is ridiculously overpriced for the things they are selling!

Yeah the 'american' sweets, popcorn, cereal etc is totally overpriced but the pic'n'mix is not as bad! I just like it coz it has chocolate mice and white choc 'fish'n'chips'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€2 shops are good. There are now 2 in dun laoghaire again, I think the new one is a closed down head shop! it was not ridiculously cheap but cheaper than many pick & mix places.

It is not pick & mix in the normal sense but has bags which can be 2 for €3 etc. I saw chocolate peanuts, coconut mushrooms, cola bottles, most €2 for 200g. Sometimes they have big bags with mixtures too.

They have loads of bars 5 for €2 and they are often imports you do not see here. And you can get a mixture of 5 bars.

Advertisement