Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 people one question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

OMG his niece just posted on you tube... He took his own life.

There was really something mesmerising about that guy not just his handsome and sensitive demeanour. Bloody drink it is such a horrible addiction that makes people think there is no getting away from it.

My sympathies and thoughts with those who knew him. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Woh, steady on.

In the obituary for Thomas Lohan on Galwaynews.ie, it says "donations to Cancer Care West". Which suggests that the person died from cancer.

Be very careful believing any comments on youtube.

We can't know anything for certain. Be respectful towards him and his family by not speculating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

kraggy wrote: »
    We can't know anything for certain. Be respectful towards him and his family by not speculating.

Erm, you're speculating that he died of cancer based on very little actual evidence...

Such a sad thing, my thoughts go out to his family:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

tman wrote: »
    Erm, you're speculating that he died of cancer based on very little actual evidence...

Such a sad thing, my thoughts go out to his family:(

I said that it SUGGESTS that the Thomas Lohan mentioned in the obituary (not necessarily the same man as in the video) died of cancer. I have not said that he did die of cancer or that the man in the video did.

I was just pointing out that taking a comment from youtube and believing it as fact is dangerous.

Can we just stop discussing this altogether? It doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

A Thomas Bohan from Mayo died on the 11th May. Sure it could be coincidental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Woh, steady on.

In the obituary for Thomas Lohan on Galwaynews.ie, it says "donations to Cancer Care West". Which suggests that the person died from cancer.

His name is Thomas Bohan, not Thomas Lohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

The Guy who married his wife after 50 years really got me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

It was very well done. Got teary eyed watching some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danny275

Woh, steady on.

Plus there's the age difference
    The guy in the video is 41 and the guy in the link is 40

Nice video :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Woh, steady on.

Ya you are right but can't imagine anyone would post something like that if it wasn't true!?

• Advertisement

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Ya you are right but can't imagine anyone would post something like that if it wasn't true!?

You'd be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Finally got around to watching this video and am in tears........

Very moving and had me crying and laughing in equal measures:(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

" my drinking" fair play to that lad for saying what a lot of people want to .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

TL: DW

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Watched this last week on Facebook it's really lovely and sad at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

'cptr

good contribution

'drk

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

That perfectly encapsulates what I would consider to be a work of art. It generated a significant emotional response and the quality of production didn't take away from the subject matter. Seriously well done ;)

As for the interviewees, WOW!. Every one of us (I'm sure) can relate to some of the responses that feature in the video. However I don't know would I stand in front of camera on the street and talk about it, but I really respect & admire the courage of those that did.

My biggest regret is being seconds too late to say goodbye to the man that raised me, even though I managed to get as far as his hospital ward. I regret that an awful lot & I miss him terribly :( For my own sanity I try to imagine what he would say to me if he knew I felt the way I did. He'd tell me to STFU and then make tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

If you guys like these, look on youtube, its been done in other cities around the world before, similar music/camera styles, great idea whoever first did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Congrats Kamil, as always fantastic work. Fair play to all at G.C.C.! Did an interview with their film crew before, unreal professional so am not surprised by this at all. Heart-warming to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 angie5308

Great vid. Parts of it brought tears to my eyes. Defo one to think about....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cameron1311

i heard on facebook that was the lad that killed himself- very sad but great video...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

'cptr

T F ?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please leave the discussion about the death out of this thread. Thanks

Advertisement