Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tus Supervisors

• 18-05-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi, Just wondering has anyone applied for the Tus Supervisors positions? There are at least 2 positions in every County. It is part of the new work placement scheme. I have applied and it looks like a very interesting position. I know other Counties have already recruited so wondering if anyone out there went through the interview process and came out the other end;)
    Here's hoping I'll be at least called for interview
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 barry zx10

Applied Interview coming up next week, fingers crossed.
    Will provide info asap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

Just as a matter of interest,did it take them .long to come back to you? I applied about a month ago and still haven't heard anything, am ready to give up. How did they contact you, by phone, letter, e.mail?? Best of luck with interview

I applied to two different areas at the begining of May got letter informing me of interview in the post yesterday.
    Still nothing back from the other one so as it's new I guess it depends on the organisation running the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

i also have an interview next week. got letter advisig date and location:D

Best of luck lad :)

• Advertisement

Got a letter this morning with an attached form that I must get the Social Welfare Office to fill in to confirm elligibility. Did ye get one of these aswell??

hotmama wrote: »
    Got a letter this morning with an attached form that I must get the Social Welfare Office to fill in to confirm elligibility. Did ye get one of these aswell??

yea its just to confirm that you are unemployed for 12 months

Yeah i think this may be a prob, as am unemployed for,well over 12 months but still claiming off credits, cos had maternity benefit for 6 months and that doesn't count as unemployed! Guess will find out nxt wk in sw office

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rallyxtom

Hi there
    How did your interview go?

barry zx10 wrote: »
    Applied Interview coming up next week, fingers crossed.
    Will provide info asap. :)

Hi Barry
    Any updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

went ok , but you never know :confused: they told me 130 application for the job and only 9 called for interview. they said they will contact me by letter within the week.

Best of luck so!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

Rallyxtom wrote: »
    Best of luck so!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEWS FOLKS HOPE IT GOES WELL i CANT APPLY AS i HAVE WORKED FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS FOR THE CENSUS WE WERE ALL LET GO ON 27TH mAY SO i HAVE TO BE OUT A YEAR TO APPLY FOR TUS JOBS.

HAS ANYONE EVER GONE FOR A COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SUPERVISORS JOB AND HAD AN INETRVIEW, WAS JUST WONDERING WHATS THE FEELING WITH SOME WHO DID. I HAVE DONE SEVERAL INTERVIEWS FOR THESES POSITIONS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND HAVE HAD SOME VERY STRANGE INTERVIEWS,THAT MADE IT VERY OBVIOUS THAT THE JOB WAS GONE ALREADY AS MOST OF THESE ARE COMMUNITY BASED THEY ALWAYS GO LOCAL AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEIR CANDIDATE HAS NO QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE.FAS HAVE NO SAY WHAT SO EVER IT SEEMS IT IS LEFT TO THE LOCAL SPONSOR COMMITTEE TO CHOOSE IM TOLD FAS CDO'S SIT AT THESE INTERVIEWS AND ADVISE BUT THEY DONT HAVE THE FINAL CHOICE IN THE RECRUITMENT ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE THE JOB OF WORKING WITH THIS PERSON AS WELL AS THEY ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT PROJECTS BUDGET TRAING ETC THAT HAS TO TAKE PLACE. FAS PUT A LOT OF MONEY INTO THESE PROJECTS COUNTRY WISE BUT ITS A JOKE THE INTERVIEWS THAT TAKE PLACE FOR THE SUPERVISORS POSITIONS. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IF ANYONE HAS GONE FOR INETRVIEWS AND HOW THEY GOT ON.

Ha, I did the census job too. Am really pissed off I have to say that this precludes me from the job, I did apply and was 4 weeks off elligible. What kind of a system do we have that if you get up off your arse and do a job lets face it a donkey could have done for 10 weeks and then apply for a job that you are much more qualified for you are penalised for working grrrrr!:mad:

Ha, I did the census job too. Am really pissed off I have to say that this precludes me from the job, I did apply and was 4 weeks off elligible. What kind of a system do we have that if you get up off your arse and do a job lets face it a donkey could have done for 10 weeks and then apply for a job that you are much more qualified for you are penalised for working grrrrr!:mad:

so were you an enu or a cfs for the census 2011 run. I cant see why if your a day unemployed are not entitled to apply for any job, its discrimination to short term unemployed not being able to apply for the tus jobs. unemployed a year or a day doesnt matter were all unemployed so cant really get my head around that as in the end whoever got the job would be saving the country on social welfare what bright spark in what department came up with that idea |I wonder? Is this being aimed at the long term unemployed the people they say should have their dole stopped and that they should be working I laugh every time i hear that WHERE IS THE JOBS that they are suppose to get.i wonder will the contracts be renewed next year to those who do get to be supervisors.or will they give us a shot next year guess we will have to wathch that space .

Was an enumerator. From what I have been told if the funding is still there next year the Supervisors that are hired will be kept on. I am not going to be elligible again anyway as I got another part time job in the mean time, it's not however as much money or really suits like the Tus job. The whole thing is bloody ridiculous

Hi,
    Had interview last week. I feel it went well but who knows eh just a waiting game now.
    Info on the actual scheme and the running of it are vague at the moment.

Anyone know of one of these schemes up and running yet or are they all at the same roll out schedule ?

Was an enumerator. From what I have been told if the funding is still there next year the Supervisors that are hired will be kept on. I am not going to be elligible again anyway as I got another part time job in the mean time, it's not however as much money or really suits like the Tus job. The whole thing is bloody ridiculous

I know a week or a year unemployed your still bloody unemployed in my book. there isnt a lot going in the c e supervisor positions either. and a lot of the supervisors are surely retirnment age in a lot of the schemes i know. but thats another story them positions are gone before interview the sponsors always have a local in mind they never mind what experience or qualifications a candidate has. fas is worse they go along withe them thats an area needs a good shake up. thousands being pumped in through fas and they havent a say in the hiring of supervisors could only happen in ireland. and we wonder how they came up with the criteria regarding the Tus jobs.

tarahill wrote: »
    I know a week or a year unemployed your still bloody unemployed in my book. there isnt a lot going in the c e supervisor positions either. and a lot of the supervisors are surely retirnment age in a lot of the schemes i know. but thats another story them positions are gone before interview the sponsors always have a local in mind they never mind what experience or qualifications a candidate has. fas is worse they go along withe them thats an area needs a good shake up. thousands being pumped in through fas and they havent a say in the hiring of supervisors could only happen in ireland. and we wonder how they came up with the criteria regarding the Tus jobs.

Applied for a CE supervisor job locally had interview etc, no joy, found out last night that the person who got the job had been picked a year before and the scheme sponsors put that person on a course to bring up their qualifications before job was advertised.
    Don't these people realise the time invested and wasted applying for these jobs if it's only a window dressing exercise :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Applied for a CE supervisor job locally had interview etc, no joy, found out last night that the person who got the job had been picked a year before and the scheme sponsors put that person on a course to bring up their qualifications before job was advertised.
    Don't these people realise the time invested and wasted applying for these jobs if it's only a window dressing exercise :mad:

You can be guaranteed that all these paid supervisor positions are already gone..to friends/relatives within the various offices advertising them. A friend of mine recently applied for this position, they rang to get his pps number in order to access whether he was eligible for it..and told him there were 130 applicants for the two positions. About a week later, he got a letter to say he was not eligible...he did not get an interview. He had just gone from being on B.T.E.A. to being on job seekers. Lo and Behold he received a form from social protection office yesterday asking him if he wished to apply for the tus work placement programme itself..this letter stated that if he did not apply his welfare could be cut off. Now he is wondering what he can do. He was going to return to his degree programme in September but would have taken a good well paid job instead if he got one during the Summer months. He does not wish to do the placement programme as feels the degree would be more beneficial to him. Why are the long-term unemployed not being targeted instead to take part in these programmes instead of harassing people who are willing to work/study to improve their chances of getting employment. This system sucks!

• Advertisement

I have complained to Fas they just say its up to the sponsors to choose the supervisor. they take who the want thats a local usually with no qualifications, you would be surprised how many C E Supervisors their are in the country with no qualifications.and how many cant even use a computer. its all a waste of time trying to get these jobs, as for FAS there a JOKE pumping money into these schemes and no say who should be supervisor? tell ya no wonder this country is ruined.its all a jobs for the boys this mentality will never die out in ireland.FAS surely at some point will have to take theses sponsor groups under there control and call the shots on the supervisor positions. its about time I think its time that frontline or prime time done a programme on these schemes people might be amazed at the recruiment process throughout ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

joebstarsurfer, save the tourettes for elsewhere please.

Hi all,
    For any body interested a new Tús Team Leader / Supervisor position / vacancy / job being advertised with Louth Leader Partnership in the Drogheda Independent.
    Also on Louth leader Partnership website, here's the link;

http://louthleaderpartnership.ie/vacancy-tus-team-leader.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Can anyone give some examples of the type of questions asked at these supervisory interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eileen Mulligan

Hi,

I have an interview for a TUS supervisor position next week. I was just wondering does anyone know of any of the interview questions?

There are two positions coming up within the company I am working with at the moment. I am currently on an internship after been on a CE scheme for the last 4 years previous with this company so I am hoping I have a good chance of getting one of them. the only thing is: there is a person within the company working on a full time wage for the last 7 years and she has applied for it also, I don't see how this can be fair, since I have started here I have did all the necessary courses to improve my skills to get a full time position . I have been working for nothing for the last 5 years so I think I deserve this.

Has the qualifying criteria changed for team leaders? It was a case of being in receipt of a jobseekers payment for the previous 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Rallyxtom wrote: »
    Has the qualifying criteria changed for team leaders? It was a case of being in receipt of a jobseekers payment for the previous 12 months

Yes. That criteria has been lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

I can tell you lads IT IS A JOKE ! I was a CE Supervisor for 15 years, a TOTAL wast of taxpayers cash, I applied for a TUS supervisor position a little while back as the project I was on was joined up with an other, filled in the form, now remember... I have 3 level, was a supervisor for 15 years, have every ticket under the sun, every course i was put on done and passed, got a letter back from them telling me I would not be called for interview . so anyone that tells me that Canvassing will disqualify is flogging me lies. its the same as Ce. in these times its a ripoff and our ministers are turning a blind eye because some one winks and it all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

Hey!

I have an interview for a TUS supervisor and was wondering if anyone could help me at all with the interview? I have read up as much as possible on the position and TUS in general, and I am trying to meet with someone in the same position to see if she can help me with more specifics on the job

You can never be over prepared and I REALLY want this :D

Any help I would really appreciate :D

• Advertisement

Hi TUS Supervisor position is looking after people who has been placed in a 19.5 hr a week job by the D S P. you will be liasing with the community groups etc that have those people working with them. in rural areas you would need a car as they wont be all in same area.regarding interview you need a bit of knowledge in managing people and a bit on working with the unemployed.you will look after all safety wear etc for the people and work out work rosters etc unlike C E Schemes there is no training budget to look after just from knowing supervisors they do spend a lot of time out visiting the workers on a daily basis.

Advertisement