Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet another sponsorship query?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

hi all, i am a bit of a spot, i have come back over on a hol visa as i used my work visa in the past, i am seeking an employer who will sponsor me, i have found one i think, but due to the visa i am on i cant legally take money for work. i extended my hol visa too, so there is a no further stay condition on this visa to complicate things even more! the immigration hotline is down at the minute so i cant get an answer, and cant see a mail address on the website.

any help is greeted:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

You are also not allowed to seek employment while on a holiday visa, even if you dont actually work. Something to bear in mind if you are talking to immigration. Breaching the conditions of one visa is grounds for denying another visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I would not contact DIAC about what you are doing without consulting a MARA migration agent first, I have yet to see a migration agent admit on any other forum that looking for a sponsor on a tourist visa is legit. They just seem to sit on the fence which imo speaks volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

hi all, i am a bit of a spot, i have come back over on a hol visa as i used my work visa in the past, i am seeking an employer who will sponsor me, i have found one i think, but due to the visa i am on i cant legally take money for work. i extended my hol visa too, so there is a no further stay condition on this visa to complicate things even more! the immigration hotline is down at the minute so i cant get an answer, and cant see a mail address on the website.

any help is greeted:)

I think you takin the mick with that story!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

sorry no talk of illegal visas on this forum - as mandrake said talk to an agent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement