Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on motherboard replacement

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi here, wonder if someone could help me with suggestions for replacement of a failed mobo. It's from an Alienware PC that's over 4 years old and it's a Foxconn C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H exact details can be found here. I know it's an AM2 board that has since been discontinued but am not quite sure exactly which one of a few I'm looking at would be the best replacement.
    Here is one I'm looking at that seems to get good reviews others I've found so far all seem to be micro ATX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What are the rest of the specs of the machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 traleered

Good question, unfortunately there is no model number distinguishable model name on the Alienware machine itself. I know it has two nVidia graphics cards and the only thing I could see on the boards was model p401 which suggests that they are 2 nVidia GeForce 8600GTS 256MB PCI-e Video Cards. The PSU is a Newton N750E which outputs 750W as the name suggests. Any other info you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Well if you have two video cards, that board certainly won't work. It only has one PCIe slot. :P

Download Speccy, and post your specs from that. (If this Alienware is still running, that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 traleered

That's the prob it ain't running, no video on it and the old mobo has an LED indicator flashing two errors. So I need one with two PCIe slots? Right well that's a start, is PCIe the same as PCI express 16? Wish there was something distinguishable bout the machine itself but the support for pre-dell takeover of Alienware products is poor enough. I have downloaded the manual for the old mobo if I could glean any of the info I need from that? I was looking at this one but again it looks like only one PCIe slot. Where would be a good site to try?

Advertisement