Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Updated Portfolio Site

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Just updated my portfolio site! let me know what ya think!
    Cheers
    http://alanpower.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

That's really nice, well done. Can't really fault it, if I was to find any fault in it, it would be that it looks just too bloody good!

That, and there should be no ' in idea's.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

alzer81 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Just updated my portfolio site! let me know what ya think!
    Cheers
    http://alanpower.net

Had a look at this last week - fantastic stuff man. Probably one of the best designed sites I've ever seen in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Very impressive keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanno06

One of the best portfolio sites I've seen for an irish designer.

Impressive portfolio too. Even though I have no work going, I wanted to hire you straight away. Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I wouldn't call your spam check field "spam_check" :)

Apart from that, pretty damn awesome. Bookmarked for future reference.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sweet work. Kudos.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Absolutely lovely, you've got all the up to date design standards in there.

Out of interest, are the sites based on a cms or just coded? Roughly how much do you charge for a site, like where do you start from?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alzer81

thanks for all the kinda words people. its great to hear such positive comments about my work, its what i love to do so it always helps when you hear people complementing you on something so close to the heart and all that milarky... ;)

Zascar, all the sites are built in straight code. no CMS involved. with regards price it obviously depends on the job at hand. Probably starting from about 1000 for a 5 basic page site (dont quote me on that, like i said it depends on the job at hand). If you would like top know more or anything drop me a PM or send me a mail through my site and i'll tell ya all ya need to know :)

i got a facebook page thing goin on if ya wanna like it. i post all my latest work up too it! Al Power's Portfolio | Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Al, this is a very good web-site and impressive portfolio.

If you had twitter and facebook buttons on it though you could get some better exposure.

PM on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terrific site, showed it to the boss as we're looking to redesign our own site, and he loved it. So if you see any small web design companies with an exact replica of your site, you'll know who it is :p

edit

One thing - might wanna make the 'send now' button on the contact form a sprite

Dave, thanks for the compliment but i'd really appreciate it if you didnt rip off my design....

edit...

i live in Lucan too so ill get ya haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was joking, won't be ripping off your design, just paying a compliment.....

Nevermind

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Edit, ignore...

Dave! wrote: »
    I was joking, won't be ripping off your design, just paying a compliment.....

Nevermind

ah i know. its just its happened to me before so ya can never be too careful

i got a small write up in this months .Net magazine too which is quiet nice to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

Vary impressive site. It's been said before but easily the best looking Irish portfolio I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The only criticism I can think of is that you preload a lot of script in the head which has a little bit of a hit on performance, but otherwise good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Very impressive.

We are currently looking for a contract designer. I have passed on the link to your portfolio on to our managing director. Is the contact form working?

dont know what the story is with the contact form. it has its moments, one day it works fine, the next it gives php errors! but it works perfrectly so dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

Very nice, this is exactly what I am looking for, having trouble at the moment with Wordpress... Can't seem to get it working!

not sure what that means but thanks.

Advertisement