Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

flanzer wrote: »
    I'd love to go on the lash with him! I'd say he'd be great craic

Should come on his own next time,tell the queen he is popping out for the newspaper and leg it to Dublin for a piss up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

could have at least got some of the good G.A.A players :p
    Dalo and Jamesy should have been there. Legends of 95 & 97 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Dalo and Jamesy should have been there. Legends of 95 & 97 :D
    What's Christy Ring up to these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

SHEISASY MBOLICLEADER

Mr Mbolicleader sent me an email earlier asking for my bank account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm not going to quote Wolfe Tone, his rantings have had enough airing.
    He obviously has never listened to Bob Dylan singing "Times they are a'changing".
    Remembering what happened in the past should prevent us from ever letting it happen again, NOT repeat it.

The Queen's visit is a great leap forward. More power to those who have made it possible.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

oh god give it a rest. we are not going to get a apology. FACT. she has come over in an attempt to build bridges and accept what has happened. the majority of irish people have managed to leave it in the past and move on. its a small few that insist on talking and singing about the past wrongs while wearing man utd jerseys and cry when they loose next sat week.
    BUILD A BRIDGE OF YOUR OWN AND GET OVER IT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

postponed till after the war /= shelved
    on the contrary that is exactly what shelved means.
    the Irish seats were crucial to any government
    It would have to happen if the Irish people wanted it within reason

To make such an assertion is to ignore the majority of the late 19th century
    they were scared of Ireland been given to the Central Powers (who they were getting help from?)

Given by who? This you are making up

So what were they?
    They had a vote, and were getting a reasonable amount of self rule

They represented a tiny minority, were uniformed, and armed just like today's terrorist

Who had a vote. Women didnt. Even the men constatntly voted for self rule but did not get it. Womens rights were asserted in the proclamation though

You can call them terrorists if you want. Its as meaningless a name as freedom fighters. Todays terrorists are not uniformed when engaging in activities, they do not take on armies in open warfare and do not seize buildings. They couldnt be more different than the men of 1916

Now if you wanted make that analogy to the actions of the IRA during the war of independence than you may have a point. However I doubt your commitment to historical honesty as you clearly have an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Anyone heard anything about a bombscare at Jury's?

According to Eileen Dunne, he is now a government minister :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Confused ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I think the two days have gone really well so far and I am glad she will be taken to Kildare tomorrow to see something that is not related to our history etc.

I have to say it is a disgrace that the vast majority of the Ulster County Boards declined their invitation to attend at Croke Park today but it says more for the people behind that decision than I could ever put into words.

I was completely indifferent before this visit but I feel that it is an important step and can only be a good thing for the future. To move on doesn't mean you have to completely forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Not sure if it has been posted but the army bomb disposal team were out on North Wall Quay, robot and all... suspicious package turned out to be an empty box.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

oh god give it a rest. we are not going to get a apology. FACT. she has come over in an attempt to build bridges and accept what has happened. the majority of irish people have managed to leave it in the past and move on. its a small few that insist on talking and singing about the past wrongs while wearing man utd jerseys and cry when they loose next sat week.
    BUILD A BRIDGE OF YOUR OWN AND GET OVER IT!!

Some want to blow up the bridges, well practised at it after all.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Not sure if it has been posted but the army bomb disposal team were out on North Wall Quay, robot and all... suspicious package turned out to be an empty box.

I reckon some skobie robbed a new pair of nike runners and just dumped the box there.

Confused ?

Christy has been playing hurling in the great stadium in the sky since 1979.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Can someone please explain why the Union Flag is being flow at Leinster House? Has Edna handed the reigns over to Liz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

So moving to see the Queen in Croke Park. Truely we are moving forward as a nation.

As for an apology, I don't honestly thing it would ever be enough for her detractors but in any case she cannot give one. It would have to be David Cameron from what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Bloody Sunday was the only incident?

I've been trying to avoid making a 'serious' post on this because I'm English and obviously this is an extremely emotive issue for a lot of Irish people.

Either you want good relations with Britain or you don't. I'm certainly not going to tell you that you should want them or not. If you choose to hate Britain, its Army, its Head of State, its media, whatever then that's entirely your choice.

If you do want good relations then the price for that is not obsessing over the blood spilled up until now. For anyone who lost a friend or a loved one I imagine that that price is too high. If it's too high for everyone else then I just hope that our grandchildren think differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Enda is just trolling the Eirigi crowd for the lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Can someone please explain why the Union Flag is being flow at Leinster House? Has Edna handed the reigns over to Liz?

Out of respect for the Queen I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He's passing the buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Jesus, most of those 'protesters' are only out of nappies! If there was any excuse to get out and throw rocks at the gardai, they'd do it, regardless of the actual occasion :D
    To think those photos made the news abroad aswell - what a lovely picture of Ireland. Cead mile failte :rolleyes:

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've been trying to avoid making a 'serious' post on this because I'm English and obviously this is an extremely emotive issue for a lot of Irish people.

Either you want good relations with Britain or you don't. I'm certainly not going to tell you that you should want them or not. If you choose to hate Britain, its Army, its Head of State, its media, whatever then that's entirely your choice.

If you do want good relations then the price for that is not obsessing over the blood spilled up until now. For anyone who lost a friend or a loved one I imagine that that price is too high. If it's too high for everyone else then I just hope that our grandchildren think differently.

this country is a walking contradiction beefy. when we are finished fighting with the foreigners, we fight eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Love the protestors in english football tops throwing shapes. They have some national identity crisis there. Brits Out rubbish then they will go home cheer on one english club against another on sky while referring to their friends as "mates".

These people are an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

When the head of state of say, Brazil, visits Government buildings, do they fly the Brazilian flag in the same way?

It's a genuine question. I actually have no idea.

Jesus, most of those 'protesters' are only out of nappies! If there was any excuse to get out and throw rocks at the gardai, they'd do it, regardless of the actual occasion :D
    To think those photos made the news abroad aswell - what a lovely picture of Ireland. Cead mile failte :rolleyes:

its so embarrassing. they just woke up at noon and heard somebody was protesting over somthing, put on their nike gear, grabbed a can of dutch gold and a bag of drugs and headed off. they couldnt tell you who the toiseach is! never mind what the protest is about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Just found out the plane the Queen flew in on yesterday was previously registered in Ireland under Cityjet.

I reckon that the majority of these lads are serial "protestors", most of whom just want to avail of any opportunity to have a fight with the Gardai and just generally trash the city.

I can't imagine these guys joining a peaceful protest against hospital closures, education or health cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Beefy78 wrote: »

I wouldn't bother, Beefy......those of that mindset conveniently forget that those of us who respect law & order had another price to pay as well - the release of murderers and terrorists from prison.

Of course, that concession made - and it's representation of the fact that no-one gets 100% what they want in life - simply doesn't register.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Personally, I have no problem with the British government keeping thier £7 billion so-called "Bailout" money.
    Britain convieniently fails to mention that if they don't give it, they'll have to pay it to their own banks anyway - along with another £130 odd Billion exposure that UK banks have in Ireland that goes down the drain with it - and with no prospect of getting paid any back, never mind getting paid back with interest.
    Along with the 137 nbillion you mention the UK has injected in to Ireland , it has been the 2nd biggest contributer to EEC / EC funds - out of which we have done rather well over 4 decades, do'nt you agree.
    Fine, tell them to keep their last 7 billion, but when Cowen was writing the cheques last November for social welfare, public service etc he need that money...
    Will be interesting to see what happens when the current shedload of IMF / EC / UK money runs out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement