Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Anyone else think the aul Queen looks a bit unsteady on her feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

gandalf wrote: »
    What would make you happy a curry chips and kebab in Zaytoons instead?
    I just think it shows how much the "elite" are out of touch with the ordinary person. I can think of many ways the money could be better spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

move along

TheZohan wrote: »
    Anyone else think the aul Queen looks a bit unsteady on her feet?

All that Guinness she drank

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Even if she collapsed, the next **** in line would probably bend down and shake her twitching hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It wasn't Christy Cooney as he knew how to behave but some ex.GAA head bod that held her elbow.

Nicky Brennan.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

I am totally horrified at the obesity of some of the men and women attending the banquet!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

This is possibly the biggest load of bollix i've seen. How many people have been invited to this "state dinner" that actually have to place to be there.

You have the brothers best friends wife of our ambassador to San Marino - in walks a hefty red headed Irish Heffer in a horrific dress you wouldn't wear to the bog.

Not to mention Biffo Cowen and Bertie.

What the f*ck is Willie Walsh doing there?

I hope Michael O'Leary is invited, one of Ireland's most successful business man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I just think it shows how much the "elite" are out of touch with the ordinary person. I can think of many ways the money could be better spent.

Purchasing a few water cannon for instance? :D

Imagine if she dropped to the floor

• Advertisement

Cowen: Wheres the grub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

the queen is zero crack!! thats a fact

fair play to her at her age but she is just far too dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I cannot understand why people who already met her today are in the queue again. She met the Government ministers today so they should be off this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

We didn't see the Presiden't daughter, wanted to know if she was hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

whycliff wrote: »
    in walks a hefty red headed Irish Heffer in a horrific dress you wouldn't wear to the bog.

Is Mary Coughlan there?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thehairyelbow

Hope they've plenty of coleslaw for Biffo

whycliff wrote: »
    This is possibly the biggest load of bollix i've seen. How many people have been invited to this "state dinner" that actually have to place to be there.

You have the brothers best friends wife of our ambassador to San Marino - in walks a hefty red headed Irish Heffer in a horrific dress you wouldn't wear to the bog.

Not to mention Biffo Cowen and Bertie.

What the f*ck is Willie Walsh doing there?

I hope Michael O'Leary is invited, one of Ireland's most successful business man.

Yeah i have to agree.

The fecking cheek of them inviting Bertie and Cowan.......the 2 that gave our freedom away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's actually difficult to watch at this stage. I'd be embarrassed shaking her hand seeing how uncomfortable she looks
    I doubt she's uncomfortable with it as she's probably had to do it hundreds if not thousands of times in the past.

What i don't like is keeping them on their feet for so long at their age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

The poor lady is standing far too long shaking peoples hands. Shes quiet old and i feel sorry for her having to go through all that crap.

"Since her trouble"lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Mrs Robinson looking well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I am totally horrified at the obesity of some of the men and women attending the banquet!

:o

Good thing they are eating weightwatchers so.

There is Iris looking well curtsy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I used to work with one of the presidents daughter. She used to get a state car into work... A great way to spend taxpayers money!!!!

Jaysus iris is looking well!!!

Purchasing a few water cannon for instance? :D
    Would rather feed the homeless than this shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

FFS Manserghs missus not only curtsied but she went within a millimetre of the q's mush with her beak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

This is actually embarrassing...

how many people so far? 60 or 70 people? Over 20 mins standing there shaking randomers hands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Does all this hand-shaking and ego-stroking really need to be broadcast live on tv? Couldn't they just show her speech? That's all anyone wants to see I'd imagine.

Nah, I find it interesting to see who was considered 'great and good' enough to meet her. A love in indeed. Cowen, Bertie and the Papal Nuncio ffs
    Iris Robinson first public appearance:p

Degag wrote: »
    I doubt she's uncomfortable with it as she's probably had to do it hundreds if not thousands of times in the past.

What i don't like is keeping them on their feet for so long at their age.

I was just saying that for 85 she is amazing!

All the walking the pair of them have had to do today and yesterday, they must be wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Is it just me or did Lizzy just tell the Presidents son to hurry along :pac: anyone watching sky plus rewind, i had to to make sure :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement