Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

K-9 wrote: »
    Don't think you are allowed link posts like that, but I not surprised. Retards

But thats not to say that there are not some intelligent, well versed people in the anti GFA groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Dionysus wrote: »
    I'd be more worried if Dublin people were out waving Union Jacks on the streets of Dublin. Now that part of the history of Dublin was deeply shameful to any self-respecting Dubliner.

Report for baloon duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

But thats not to say that there are well versed, intelligent well versed people in the anti GFA groups.

Think it's only if it's personal about a poster.

Oh they are well versed people alright! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just respect shown all round, shame about the idiots on the streets. They're a cancer on Irish society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

K-9 wrote: »
    Think it's only if it's personal about a poster.

Oh they are well versed people alright! ;)
    I made a bags of that post haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I was in primary school we were stood in front of the class and know every county, lake, mountain range and jersey colours.

Do you know where the Arra Mountains are and Lough Leagh?
    If not, why not?

What retard goes protesting and doesn't know the six counties? :confused:
    I'm despairing here yet it's these retards protesting and not an ounce of history or geography in their head

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For those of you that missed the speech here it is on You Tube.

How people can not find it historic is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

JHC - what exactly did people expect her to apologise for? No doubt, even if she did apologise for anything/everything, all the droolers would pick something out from the last "800 years" that she missed ffs..

Go back and read mike65's post re heads of state apologising!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

When will town be back to normal, Friday? Need to go in tomorrow and not sure how I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

But thats not to say that there are not some intelligent, well versed people in the anti GFA groups.

Now that you say it, it is something you would forget about. I know one girl that I'm pretty sure was protesting the last few days. She is one of the most intelligent people I know. She studies and has extensive knowledge and interest in all things Irish. She is a bit of an uber lefty but she never finds the need to shove it down peoples throats.

On the other hand it is like shooting fish in a barrel highlighting the idiocity of the junkie headed "Man Utd" protesters. They don't even deserve comment. Most don't even have a clue what they are really protesting about. They have no crediblity, no real convictions to their beliefs, no pride for anything/anyone and tbh most people on here have more knowledge in a fart, than every single one of those head the balls put together.

The protesters protested and thoses dumb thugs played "act the hard man".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I hope Her Madge and Phil the Greek have a good time of it tomorrow. After two days of bollockology and hand shaking, they're off to see the horsies. Something HRH is a big fan of. It's the only part of their visit that's actually something a normal tourist would aspire to. Going to Guinness and visiting The English Market get tourists a plenty, but not with the whole city closed down around them. A private tour of the best stables in the country might only be possible for very few, but jaysus it'd be fun. Wonder if she'll hop up and go for a gallop on a race horse. (And the horse throws her and becomes a hero to the Ra-heads.) I'm glad she'll be allowed have a bit of fun on her tour, that's why people should come to Ireland and it's the best way to get tourists.

And her Mammy, beloved of London taxi drivers was supposed to have died owing tens of thousands of quid to multiple bookies after betting it all on horses. They supposedly wrote off the debt as they had made multiples of that sum over the many years she was gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

But thats not to say that there are well versed, intelligent well versed people in the anti GFA groups.

Of course there are intelligent people in the anti-GFA camps. Ruairí Ó Brádaigh being one of them. Even though I disagree with him on the issue of physical force republicanism, I can see that he is no fool.
    However, the fact remains that the vast majority of people do not want violence on our streets. We're not a bunch of traitors or idiots fooled by the establishment. Most of us simply realise that times have changed and the conditions are not as they were in 1916 or at any previous attempted revolution. If violence has brought us to where we are, then it has brought us as far as it can. Unionists cannot and should not be coerced into a united Ireland. It may indeed be unfair that six counties were sectioned off and an artificial majority created, but dems the apples we have to live with. It's time to be realistic.

Someone made a post earlier containing the names of many infamous English Lords from the Tudor times who helped plant Ireland with settlers. Well, I say, in the spirit Aodh Mór Ó Néill (Hugh The Great O'Neill) we adopt a policy of realism. The man is seen as a hero of Irish nationalism. A complicated and great man, but he was always realistic and spent a life involved in power politics. He tried to attain what he wanted through whatever means best fitted the situation. He did so as both a servant of the crown and as a mighty Gaelic Lord.
    It is now time to accept that any further progress on the national question will only come about through reconciliation and an acceptance that we are all equal and have our own rightful aspirations.

I'll also add that futile warfare is immoral. No one has the self-appointed right to bring us into a "war" we don't bloody want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Hendrixfan

When I was in primary school we were stood in front of the class and know every county, lake, mountain range and jersey colours.

Do you know where the Arra Mountains are and Lough Leagh?
    If not, why not?

What retard goes protesting and doesn't know the six counties? :confused:
    I'm despairing here yet it's these retards protesting and not an ounce of history or geography in their head

Nice touch fixing the spelling mistake before anyone noticed. I noticed your woeful spelling mistake but left it as a test. I knew you would fix it rapid due to the nature of the post. The spelling mistake and the subsequent fixing leads me to believe your a Republican in hiding, now ashamed.

Dont let these New Generation EU Zombie UK Cheer Leading Kids get you down with their taunts of, "Your a Republican cos you wear a tracksuit".

They have little else to talk about and by next week it will be like the Queen of England was never here, it'll be ba ba Obama for an entire half day.

I once asked an EU Zombie Kid what he thought of Fukushima and Osama, his answer was "I havent got those IPhone Apps yet".

In the Afternoon when you rise to the beating of the Boron, put back on that Celtic Jearsey with the Carling logo. Resume brushing your teeth with that Genuine 1920's IRA member toothbrush. Gurgle away the toothpaste with that 70's Vintage Guinness Pint bottle, the one that came from the pub beside where the bomb went off, its a special day.

Make that hard journey to the dole office to collect that payment you forgot to collect yesterday. Listen to the Dubliners on your walkman, only the Dubliners can guide you down the right path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

It's good, you know, to see them.

But they will never be the same without Freddy Mercury.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have mixed feelings on her visit, which I won't bother going into as it's all been said before, however I did want to compliment the Gardai.

I got stuck for 45 mins trying to walk up the quays to work while the queen left Dublin Castle. The Gardai were fantastic TBH, they all were friendly, seemed very well organised, good humoured with people moaning about not being able to cross the road. They were chatting with people, helping them get to where they needed to be via alternative pedestrian routes, having a laugh with the tourists etc. I also saw a few of them very quickly control a few men who were drinking and shouting on the street. They were efficient and confident yet friendly. They really were a credit to our police force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

They stay very well hidden though, all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Whispered wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on her visit, which I won't bother going into as it's all been said before, however I did want to compliment the Gardai.

I got stuck for 45 mins trying to walk up the quays to work while the queen left Dublin Castle. The Gardai were fantastic TBH, they all were friendly, seemed very well organised, good humoured with people moaning about not being able to cross the road. They were chatting with people, helping them get to where they needed to be via alternative pedestrian routes, having a laugh with the tourists etc. I also saw a few of them very quickly control a few men who were drinking and shouting on the street. They were efficient and confident yet friendly. They really were a credit to our police force.

Yep, the Gardai get a lot of unfair stick. Well done to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nise

For an 85yr old she's looking well and she definitely has a graet stylist in all fairness. Lookin foward to all the road closures to try and get to the office acrross the water to the southside tom !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Heres a nice look at your true republicans

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994338.jpg

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994339.jpg

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994346.jpg

Nothing but schoolkids and shaven headed scumbags looking to start a ruck. Its really great to see these bastions of national pride out there standing up against this tyranical monarchy, nothing swells the heart with pride like seeing Anto Deco rolling a flaming wheelie bin toward riot cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mary McAleese saying wow a couple of times was cringeworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

this made me LOL - the woman next to cowen just couldnt stay awake to listen to a couple of world leaders..

2ymdpjp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

novarock wrote: »
    this made me LOL - the woman next to cowen just couldnt stay awake to listen to a couple of world leaders..

2ymdpjp.png
    I noticed that too , is she Mrs Reynolds ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

novarock wrote: »

I though it was Biffo's wife and made a smarmy comment but it's actually Alberts Reynolds wife (so I'm told) so i'll leave her alone as she hasn't been well lately.

Nothing but schoolkids and shaven headed scumbags looking to start a ruck. Its really great to see these bastions of national pride out there standing up against this tyranical monarchy, nothing swells the heart with pride like seeing Anto Deco rolling a flaming wheelie bin toward riot cops.

Where are all these fab looking water cannons they got a loan of from the North. Hose these knob jockeys into the drains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

The mongtards & Éirígí must be destroyed by this.
    They mounted a more successful protest at the Shell to Sea campaign than the mess they've made of this.
    The sight of zero public support for your most fundamental beliefs must be heart wrenching for them.
    Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then two more days ("will no one free one from this burden, Westlife!?") but all the cemonial stuff has been done, so not much to argue about now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994338.jpg

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994339.jpg

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/May/Week3/15994346.jpg

How embarrassing! I would imagine they knocked back a couple of cans of Dutch Gold before polluting the place. Pure scum with nothing better to do than litter the streets. Anto rang Deco and asked him to get a 'couple a lads' together to help 'sort er out'. An 85 year old lady. Such hard men hoping to get her. I wonder what they would have done had they got near her? So embarrassing to have those pictures worldwide. Shame on them! They should be extinguished by some toxic gas but there will always be uneducated, illiterate, hoody wearing morons ready to take their place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

In fairness, he has a very nice throwing stance-good balance and form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

National Stud Kildare is our next visit, hope she enjoys it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I noticed that too , is she Mrs Reynolds ?

Yeah and apparently she hasn't been in the best of health for a while...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement