Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

twincamman wrote: »
    why is there a fells doing buckeroo infront of the queen ????

They are from the Race Academy Jockey training school in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Cromwell was a Republican

Who handed over power to his son

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

The Queen is a fashion ICON!

Loving her outfits. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Who handed over power to his son

he wasnt a very good republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Buceph wrote: »
    . It was the British supporting Ireland during the 1994 world cup when none of the British countries qualified. .

Greysteel??

You chose a poor example there, though I do agree with the gist of your post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The queen has canceled her visit to Cork - apparently William is stuck in Middleton already!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    The queen has canceled her visit to Cork - apparently William is stuck in Middleton already!:pac:
    That joke got old very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Congratulations, you have been the millionth poster to trot out that joke.

Please press here to claim your prize. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just watching Tv3s coverage,one them asked does the Queen still ride side saddle,how do these clowns get on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He must be well bored at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Congratulations, you have been the millionth poster to trot out that joke.

Please press here to claim your prize. :pac:

The prize is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

oh..an aparantely right.....heehee....aparantly.....there not as good since freddie....heehee..since freddie mercury died :pac:....aye? aye?

what do mean im the millionth person to tell that joke?

oh and 'what queen is this?'

goddamn it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Still no sign of Brian May :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

who was your woman at the mike who could barely string a sentance together ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    who was your woman at the mike who could barely string a sentance together ?

"Sir" Tony O'Reillys wife I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gandalf wrote: »
    Good Lord .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Still no sign of Brian May :D

Or Latifah

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Dilynnio wrote: »
    The Queen is a fashion ICON!

Loving her outfits. :)

She looked great last night and I also like the white suit she wore on the first day.

She suits white is all I can conclude.

A nation waits excitedly to be insulted by Philip. Anyone think of any gems he's likely to say? A locals/ booze comment like he said in Scotland seems too easy. For the occasion lets have a few classic philip quotes. 'You are a woman aren't you?' I forget who he said that to!

He had his chance at the Guinness place and also when he was holding the hurley.

I reckon, given the sensitivity that was surrounding the visit, he was ordered not to misbehave.

Which is a great shame.:(

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    The mongtards & Éirígí must be destroyed by this.
    They mounted a more successful protest at the Shell to Sea campaign than the mess they've made of this.
    The sight of zero public support for your most fundamental beliefs must be heart wrenching for them.
    Good.

They've succeeded in making the Queen the nation's favourite Englishwoman.

Good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

He never did it in the first place, that pic was taken after she had already shaken hands.

Queen meeting O'Gara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The toll bridge is making a fortune with the n4 closed, ill send lizzie my receipt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was against the queen coming here when I first heard of it. The idea has grown on me since, but up until last week I was certain there would be massive and widespread demonstrations.

I'm happy to say I was wrong...the behaviour of the hugest majority of the Irish people during this visit has been inspirationally good when compared to 2006. Last night, I have to say I found a new respect for the Queen when she spoke, in Irish, "A Uachtaráin agus a Cháirde" - I literally reeled back in surprise and I think that was an absolutely symbolic moment in this country's history.

Our Defence Forces, and Mary McAleese have contributed huge effort and have been an absolute inspiration over the past few days.

I am hugely, hugely proud to be Irish.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

sdonn wrote: »
    I was against the queen coming here when I first heard of it. The idea has grown on me since, but up until last week I was certain there would be massive and widespread demonstrations.

I'm happy to say I was wrong...the behaviour of the hugest majority of the Irish people during this visit has been inspirationally good when compared to 2006. Last night, I have to say I found a new respect for the Queen when she spoke, in Irish, "A Uachtaráin agus a Cháirde" - I literally reeled back in surprise and I think that was an absolutely symbolic moment in this country's history.

Our Defence Forces, and Mary McAleese have contributed huge effort and have been an absolute inspiration over the past few days.

I am hugely, hugely proud to be Irish.

I'd say you are not the only one - a lot of people have expressed that. And the President looked delighted and kinda of shocked when the Queen said that, her speech was very good as well imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Wheelie King

The whole visit is one big meh fest imo. Seriously most Irish people could'nt care less as far as i can see and have heard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I dint think ROG was at the dinner last night and if he was maybe the Queen was getting her own back on him :D

I thought it was only Brian O Driscoll there with Amy. The Queen did stop shaking hands after a while, then went back to shaking hands.

She looked like she was really enjoying herself at the national stud!

Palace have come out and said that Nicky Brennans gaff yesterday did not cause offence http://sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=14618&PHPSESSID=e2e2d9e44765ecb4b61c515bc4d6b67b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

During the tour, Philip was shown one of the company's most important artefacts, its famous 9,000-year lease that founder Arthur Guinness signed for an old, disused and dilapidated brewery at St James's Gate.

The document provoked a frank response from the Duke, who asked Guinness’s curator: “What kind of mug signs that?”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The whole visit is one big meh fest imo. Seriously most Irish people could'nt care less as far as i can see and have heard.

Depends on who you talk to. Some do some don't.

One thing is for sure, the miniscule number of protesters will be as steadfast as ever in their beliefs. The positivity generated by the visit and how we handled it will only ensure in their minds that the vast media/pro-British/colonial legacy mentality conspiracy has led the nation astray.

For them, nothing short of civil war will suffice. Possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

gandalf wrote: »

I don't believe there is any doubt over Tony O'Reilly's entitlement to be called Sir is there?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I don't believe there is any doubt over Tony O'Reilly's entitlement to be called Sir is there?

Not at all. For services to the Empire and beyond, there's no better man. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement