Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

"Did we make the right decision?". My ass ye did :mad:

Thank God for the Chieftains :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Me toes might uncurl in about a day or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Where's she sitting ? don't see her in the audience

*see her now :D*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The chieftains might bang out a few RA tunes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's some fella having a seizure now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thank God for the Chieftains :)

Ya they are saving this shindig,im waiting for Prince Philip to storm the stage and throw down a few moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

How was it insulting? Because she dared to talk of the queen like she's actually a real person? If anything there were too many platitudes/too-much toadying. Some of it was quite good, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

df1985 wrote: »
    Is there a few digs in this speech or am I picking it up wrong.

Thats what i thought too. Don't know what thats all about. The bit about waiting for her to fall off the horse wasn't really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I am still in shock, what possessed them to think that it was a good idea. It was insulting to say the least. I have a feeling that it will mark a really bad point in an otherwise fantastic week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

"go on ye hure ye",jesus thon fella in the brown jacket is fair given her dixie

there's some mad lookin drunk fella in an orange tie on stage - looks like he's scutterin home after a belly full of porter

df1985 wrote: »
    The chieftains might bang out a few RA tunes!
    I think you are mixing them up with the Wolfe Tones (or the band formerly known as the Wolfe Tones) God knows what they are calling themselves these days ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

gambiaman wrote: »
    there's some mad lookin drunk fella in an orange tie on stage - looks like he's scutterin home after a belly full of porter

He looked like Rhys Ifans after a nose-full of the white powder.

gambiaman wrote: »

Reminds me seen myself on a wedding video a few years back making an ass out of myself on the dancefloor :D

jos28 wrote: »
    I am still in shock, what possessed them to think that it was a good idea. It was insulting to say the least. I have a feeling that it will mark a really bad point in an otherwise fantastic week.
    I doubt that Tommy Tiernan could have been as insulting and that's saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

he looked like the copper face jacks version of riverdance. (yes they do play it in there and its gets very rowdy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

dissidents from nationalist side? sure theyre a bunch of tits living in the past. as you said no matter what happens some group will have grievances.
    [/QUOTE]

isnt that exactly what the unionists/loyalists who oppose would be if a united ireland came about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Wait what was insulting? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I doubt that Tommy Tiernan could have been as insulting and that's saying something!

Eh.....oh yes he could!

• Advertisement

Real Ira dont mind the Queen,Kidnap Gaybo instead please

murpho999 wrote: »
    Eh.....oh yes he could!
    Wouldn't it be great fun though :D:D

Will Johnny Logan be on next :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

High beams...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Eimear Quinn not wearing a bra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Olivia O'Leary was a little close to the bone but I don't think it was offensive. I don't normally like these sort of shows but I'm enjoying this one. Gaybo showing why he should never have given up the Late Late to those other two planks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

I think you are mixing them up with the Wolfe Tones (or the band formerly known as the Wolfe Tones) God knows what they are calling themselves these days ;):D

the DT;s:D

I love that song normally but it sounds like it is too high for her.

For me it wasn't insulting as such but was very lickspittling and cringeful and well, Olivia I like you and all, but have a bit of pride woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Eimear's looking a tad cold up there,the term standing there like an Australian rules referee comes to mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement