Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Any protests in Cork?

Any Corkonians know?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

decies wrote: »
    Stop complaining the trip has being a great success , most people have enjoyed it , well done everybody involved.

If the neanderthals had stayed in their caves for the entire visit they would still have found some way to be insulted. Some people just need a reason to moan and cry and to live in the mire of the past. They cannot survive without a reason to be depressed, oppressed and to feel compressed into their little enclaves. It gives them nurture it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

prinz wrote: »
    The wearing of regimental ties is discretionary. They are sometimes worn by relatives of people/or in memory of people who have served in said regiment although that is sometimes frowned upon. As long as you're not trying to pass yourself off as a member. Also Myers could be a member of the Regimental Association, (you do not need to have actually served to do this) and some regiments allow members to wear the tie.

The only connection I can detect is that he's writing a book on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

whadyasay wrote: »
    Congrats, no invasion needed, just a little tv and cultural shame. Well done. Oh i must be a backwards idiot. Rule Britannia.

How delightfuly condescending of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

old hippy wrote: »
    How delightfuly condescending of you.

There's a lot of that going around at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Any protests in Cork?

Any Corkonians know?

A friend has just put up on her facebook that she can see sinn fein out with their flags from her office window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

When is she getting to cork? Will it be on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

:D:DWell Its been some time since I have posted on here,but what a week it has been for our country,for once we can be proud of our country & our people.

To see her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth visit Ireland is testament to the efforts of so many people across this small nation,& as Mary Byrne said last night "we should hold on to our past,but not live it",what are we but humans like our neighbours across the water.

Pain is the only thing the troubles caused,nobody wants this,I'm in Cork today & it is great to see people making their way to the city to see HRM,Sadly Dublin has once again been a let down,mainly due to the minority such as Eirigi or however the spell it,they are thugs Full Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Look at Kenny at 2:56

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1098819

Also, will they please stop Bertie Ahern from appearing at important **** like this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

:D:DWell Its been some time since I have posted on here,but what a week it has been for our country,for once we can be proud of our country & our people.

To see her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth visit Ireland is testament to the efforts of so many people across this small nation,& as Mary Byrne said last night "we should hold on to our past,but not live it",what are we but humans like our neighbours across the water.

Pain is the only thing the troubles caused,nobody wants this,I'm in Cork today & it is great to see people making their way to the city to see HRM,Sadly Dublin has once again been a let down,mainly due to the minority such as Eirigi or however the spell it,they are thugs Full Stop.

By kicking off, they really endear everyone to their cause. Not.

I fully support their right to protest, wave flags, whatever but they really are an embarassment.

I think if you're into the whole "being proud to be Irish" thing, there's plenty of things to feel a warm glow over. I'm no monarchist but I'm pleased that maturity has been achieved from both "sides".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

brummytom wrote: »
    Just watching it now.... Can't remember the name of that mental dancer but I'm pretty sure he's Canadian, isn't he? Why was he there? It's traditional Canadian dance :confused:

Yeah, he's Canadian and is an exponent of Canadian clog dancing which I recall is some kind of hybrid Irish/French traditional dance. The style is a lot like sean-nós. The Chieftians were at a gig in Canada about 10 years ago and the brothers were dancing. Paddy asked them to join their tour and he's been with them since. Only one was there last night, don't know what happened the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Xivilai wrote: »

Also, will they please stop Bertie Ahern from appearing at important **** like this

That man has more of a brass neck than an entire brass band.

Whats James Reilly doing in there :eek:

Looking over the RTE clips Warbling Mary Byrne :rolleyes:

Gay couldn't look any smugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Cowen as well. Plus on top of all of this the GAA letting the Queen into Croke Park :rolleyes:

Just saw that speech by your wan that made the joke about the Queen falling from her horse..

I cringed

Are they on the way to Cork by now?

If so, Phil, you're on your last chance.

A nation awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Looking over the RTE clips Warbling Mary Byrne :rolleyes:

Gay couldn't look any smugger

She doesn't warble; she belts. She could drown out an F-17. Poor QEII's ears are still ringing this morning.

Anyone have a clip to the Cashel visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

CorkMan wrote: »
    Plus on top of all of this the GAA letting the Queen into Croke Park :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Queens visit to Cork has now been cancelled ....

Apparantly her granson is stuck in middleton for the last 2 weeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Wow! Full marks for originality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Oh dear oh dear

Unlucky, you only just missed out on the prize for the millionth time this has been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Luxie wrote: »
    Are they on the way to Cork by now?

If so, Phil, you're on your last chance.

A nation awaits.

Did you not hear what he did yesterday at the Presidents awards where he was handing out Gold Silver and Bronze medals,he went up to meet the Bronze medal winners and with a straight face asked "why they had turned up only to receive bronze medals"

Cue stunned awkward silence from the kids

He then started laughing

Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Bollox .. ha ha only heard it there

Did you not hear what he did yesterday at the Presidents awards where he was handing out Gold Silver and Bronze medals,he went up to meet the Bronze medal winners and with a straight face asked "why they had turned up only to receive bronze medals"

Cue stunned awkward silence from the kids

He then started laughing

Legend

It'll do I suppose, but I'm still holding out for better at the English Market. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Miriam looking well today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

gigino wrote: »
    Olivia O'Learys speech about the queen and her "jokes" , and tone of voice, at the Queens expense went down like a lead baloon. As someone else said, Tommy Tiernan could not insult the Queen better.
    Surely someone should have looked at O'Learys speech beforehand ?

Actually thought it was nicely judged, well delivered and would most certainly have been subject to scrutiny by the Dept of Foreign Affais, the Palace and F & C Office.

Thought Mary Byrne was piss poor tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Cue stunned awkward silence from the kids. He then started laughing
    Legend

The guy is a legend. Real life troll. Constantly a cheeky look and mischievious grin on his face. Just hope that pushing 90 I'd still be able to carry off that humour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement