Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Miriam.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder has she learned a few words of Corkese for her speech. I don't understand a word of it. She will think she has crossed over into another wee country she never heard of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

So that's basically it then . God bless our little country and god safe the queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ok Cork ye have had the Queen visit now give us back the Sam Maguire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I only wish we could keep Philip

Maybe someone could convince him to run for president next time out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

decies wrote: »
    So that's basically it then . God bless our little country and god safe the queen.

Here Here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

Can't believe Prince Philip is nearly 90!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd love it if part of her itinerary was to climb Patrick's Hill... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Maybe someone could convince him to run for president next time out!

No the more I think about it the more im convinced he has what it takes to replace Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

I only wish we could keep Philip

I was surprised [and disappointed ] that his name was not on the plaque at the market to mark the visit that she unveiled. They should have included him and acknowledged his presence. He was there too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What time are they feckin' off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yes, the queen went for a walk about. ha!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Fair f*cks to them. Most people over the age of 50 would have fallen asleep if they had to listen about such high tech equipment let alone a a 85 and 91 year old couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Ok Cork ye have had the Queen visit now give us back the Sam Maguire :)
    Some things are more important than mere queens. Keep your grubby hands off Sam. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Who the hell decided to take her here?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

They didn't talk to the oompa loompas behind the glass. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Well done to all who participated and who helped make this trip a success and make us as a country look amazing worldwide!!!

+1 have to say they were blessed with the weather but all the planning and preparation work that must have been done has been exceptional. Everywhere they went the place looked amazing, the Garden of Remembrance, Islandbridge Memorial Gardens, etc they were spotless, in tip-top condition, everything timed precisely. The whole show has been extremely professional. Well done all involved, AGS, army, Dublin City Council staff etc. Fantastic work all round.

Come back Queenie ......ASAP

(swoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd love it if part of her itinerary was to climb Patrick's Hill... :pac:

Next year when she returns she's doing Patrick's Hill and Croagh Patrick and Slieve Donard .... carrying Philip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good to see the country engage in friendly banter, especially with the Cork/Dublin thing :D

But more importantly a huge well done to every single person involved with organising the visit and getting it off without a hitch, we have Obama coming shortly and hopefully he can get the same treatment.

Ireland can be proud after the last few days.

She will sleep on the plane home!

Get out of there fast before the nerds attack

She will have a spring in her step next few days and making all the cousins jealous over a cup of tea , about the lovely welcome she got in Ireland

Up Yours to the people who moaned about the cost of having them here!

You could not buy the publicity that this has generated for Ireland around the globe!

Sheer class........I did not think we could do it so smoothly!

I'm bursting with pride!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

If its not her that comes back maybe because of her age/health, Id say its the first of more regular visits by the head of the monarchy, be it king charles, william or whoever in the future.

New chapter in relations between the country.

Well done everyone involved, from the gardai down to the people who cleaned up where she was going.

I wouldnt say I was opposed to the visit but i had my reservations about certain aspects,but glad it all went so well in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

No the more I think about it the more im convinced he has what it takes to replace Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh.

Yeah Liz can help him out with the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

what are they saying on Sky news anyone? They wont be able to put a negative spin on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is this her last engagement in Ireland? Not exactly ending on a high note I must say.

Sure it's good to showcase Ireland as a technological powerhouse, but this just is pretty boring really.

• Advertisement

They never carried her to see the lab monkeys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement