Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That flag video will be on indymedia soon enough I'm sure

They scream about the gardai and oppression, ok

But every comment on that youtube video is filtered. If you ask a question or take an opposing view it won't show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boski

I dont think there were any Union Jacks being waved by the public of Cork! Cant pass the buck that quick Im afraid!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=etbqm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

And the Queen has left the building.

I'm glad all went well. It was a good visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

She tosses the GAA handbook out of the plane on the way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not quite

Stroll over to the Daily Mail site. They misquoted Gerry Adams, invented a headline and the website is exploded in rage, hundreds of angry comments about the Irish

I'm not a Sinn Féin supporter but they twisted his words completely

So not every British media is viewing it that way
    The Bit were he said she needed to Grovel ...yeah and that's just so wrong of them to misquote and because it's Adams , it will enrage many British who still cant get their head around how he and Mc Guinness are part of the establishment and your going to get some of that response anyway in some sections of the british tabloid media I'm afraid .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yay the queen's plane just flew over my house :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Boski wrote: »

To be fair there is just as much chance they are British citizens that are living in Cork.

Who cares if they are Irish anyway? I've seen English people with Croatian, Honduran, and Israeli flags at White Hart Lane and away grounds this season. Doesn't mean much other than welcoming/support. Doesn't mean they are giving up their Irish citizenship and pride in their home town/nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Phew! :D

A fine week for our country. A week that lift all our spirits and a new era of friendship with our nearest neighbours has begun. Also a big well done to the Garda and the armed forces for a fine job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Boski wrote: »

I still dont see any Union Jacks being waved, I see a couple with a pair of flags hanging over a bannister. Probably British! If thats all you can throw at me....well...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bet Philip can't wait to go home and watch Kate & William shag on the hidden CCTV cams.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

The Queen shaking hands with crowds on the packed streets of Cork. You can't buy this sort of advertising. Dublin = Scum lighting bins on fire, Cork = friendly welcome!:pac: Im only messing in Dublin the republican scum wouldn't have had much numbers in Dublin if it wasn't for the scum from the inner city joining them.:pac:

Latchy wrote: »
    The Bit were he said she needed to Grovel ...yeah and that's just so wrong of them to misquote and because it's Adams , it will enrage many British who still cant get their head around how he and Mc Guinness are part of the establishment and your going to get some of that response anyway in some sections of the british tabloid media I'm afraid .

Exactly what I meant
    Adams never said grovel or demanded groveling and what he said was very measured

But the readers read the invented headline and not the article, thought he was demanding the Queen to grovel and we get 300 posts sheer anger and rage with a handful of sensible ones in the middle

Why misquote him?
    Oh I forgot......this paper loves to stir it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    jackeens!
    Just a few token Brits we let out for the day, we would never dream of taking the title from Western-Britland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Well done everybody went well.( now what do we do!!!!)

last thing she'll see of cork, is the northside. excellent. unless she's fallen fast as asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

But the readers read the invented headline and not the article

Happens with every tabloid - both the red-tops and the Sindo.

decies wrote: »

easy, run to the english market for bread that not usually there at this time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Get the American flags out...

(Cue the anti-war/anti-american brigade)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Why misquote him?
    Oh I forgot......this paper loves to stir it up
    That's what they do well ,pander to the ****wits who don't take time out to know that a Republican like Adams should have his views and opinions quoted in the right context and not misquoted for sensational headlines .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am just pleased and relieved she is still alive and in one piece .Whew .

surely obama will have watched the queen's visit. and come down to cork and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Easy.....spend the next week talking about Obama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I wonder will the junkies be back out to protest over Obama. Its one thing protesting against the British Queen wearing British football jerseys but rioting at an Anti-War protest will just take the biscuit :pac:

Just a few token Brits we let out for the day, we would never dream of taking the title from Western-Britland. :)
    Don't recall seeing ordinary folk waving the apron in Dublin:D

Friends from Cork are all gonna be called jackeens from now on haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why are so many Cork people with inferiority complexes such a pain in the arse?

Ha ! The words chip and shoulder come to mind ! Come lads get over it, and I ain't from Dublin

We're all God's children. Remember Terence !

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Anecdote from the English Market.
    The Duke of Edinburgh asks one of the fishmongers: "What's in the fish cakes?" Fishmonger says: "Fish, what do you think?"

One for Phil himself to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Don't recall seeing ordinary folk waving the apron in Dublin:D

Friends from Cork are all gonna be called jackeens from now on haha
    Cant see that bothering anyone! Its a bit like calling you a cup of tea! ................Exactly.............:confused::confused:

Cant see that bothering anyone! Its a bit like calling you a cup of tea! ................Exactly.............:confused::confused:
    Call me a cup of tea and I'll batter ya! :mad:

• Advertisement

I hear Darragh, the site admin is remaining Cork City Forum to the jackeen forum

Sounds about right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement