Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boski

The Queen shaking hands with crowds on the packed streets of Cork. You can't buy this sort of advertising. Dublin = Scum lighting bins on fire, Cork = friendly welcome!:pac: Im only messing in Dublin the republican scum wouldn't have had much numbers in Dublin if it wasn't for the scum from the inner city joining them.:pac:

Yeah and the reason she got a great welcome in Cork was cause they also shag their family members...:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

vicwatson wrote: »
    We're all God's children. Remember Terence !

Use to work for Arthur Daley, nice chap moved to Australia I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

I hear Darragh, the site admin is remaining Cork City Forum to the jackeen forum

Sounds about right

Im sorry we didn't have enough skangers causing havoc for you ya clare mucksavage.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Call me a cup of tea and I'll batter ya! :mad:
    100 years too late getting angry Im afraid! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Don't recall seeing ordinary folk waving the apron in Dublin:D

When she bowed her head earlier in the week with the wreath, it was predominately Corkmen she gave homage to, we just acknowledged that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

I hear Darragh, the site admin is remaining Cork City Forum to the jackeen forum

Sounds about right
    People really need to brush up on their history :confused::confused:

Dubs in making fools of themselves shocker :D

Pauleta wrote: »
    I wonder will the junkies be back out to protest over Obama. Its one thing protesting against the British Queen wearing British football jerseys but rioting at an Anti-War protest will just take the biscuit :pac:

Apart from the inner city scum the Dublin visit wen't okay too.With the dole cut,job reactivation schemes being introduced and the queen visiting Ireland it's been a bad year for Anto and the lad's.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I have to say Im sickened by the angle sky news has used in regards to the visit. Their whole angle has been "Irish anti visit" and "irish cause problems in dublin" ect!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I dont think there were any Union Jacks being waved by the public of Cork! Cant pass the buck that quick Im afraid!

You'll find that when Queen Victoria visited Dublin and the Union Jack flags were being waved they were by Cork people who went to the capital to see their Queen !:D:D
    Use to work for Arthur Daley, nice chap moved to Australia I believe

I think you'll find that this was John Creedon :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That moment in Patrick Street will certainly have meant Cork comes out of this visit and the coverage far better than Dublin.

Cork - sunny and friendly
    Dublin - grey and empty (plus a few skangy rioters)

• Advertisement

Im just glad to see that the whole world now knows that Cork is home to the friendliest people in ireland and at least we fought the british.You lot allowed the brits to rule ireland for 800 years.When you did fight you surrendered after a week.:pac:

You do know why we are called the Rebel county?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I have to say Im sickened by the angle sky news has used in regards to the visit. Their whole angle has been "Irish anti visit" and "irish cause problems in dublin" ect!

Would you expect anything else from Sky News?!

On the BBC News homepage right now, there is not one single mention of the Queen's visit to Ireland.

mike65 wrote: »
    That moment in Patrick Street will certainly have meant Cork comes out of this visit and the coverage far better than Dublin.

Cork - sunny and friendly
    Dublin - grey and empty (plus a few skangy rioters)

Seeing that we haven't a hope in the hurling this year i hope Waterford win it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So lads, when will the ten million tourists arrive? How will we spend our new found wealth?

vicwatson wrote: »
    I think you'll find that this was John Creedon :):):)

No No

John got a job with the council down in Bantry , two years one ditch fast worker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

You do know why we are called the Rebel county?
    For trying to throw a spanner in the works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

So lads, when will the ten million tourists arrive? How will we spend our new found wealth?

Eh, what's this 'we' business?

You never wanted it in the first place!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sorry sir, that be classified

For trying to throw a spanner in the works. :)

Aye the awkward squad would be apt for the hurlers

• Advertisement

They're coming to Dublin, Kildare, Tipperary and Cork

Everywhere else gets nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They're coming to Dublin, Kildare, Tipperary and Cork

Everywhere else gets nothing!
    I'm just happy the new wealth will go to hospitals and schools etc, rather than the banks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Bye Lizzie, thank's for coming.

PS There's some cutlery missing from Dublin Castle now I'm not making accusations......

Start the countdown for the gaffe

We can't end this thread until Philip gets home and insults the entire nation to the British media

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

Did anybody notice the lady at the English market with the placard? She touched the queen when she was passing. How the hell did she get in there and I'd love to know what the Placard read... Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

prinz wrote: »
    Jesus. A new low.

If that's a "new low" you must live a very sheltered existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

In Dublin city centre the queen arrived to the sound of bangers going off in Cork she arrived to the sound of cheering.We showed today who the number 1 city in Ireland is.

The Queen shaking hands with crowds on the packed streets of Cork. You can't buy this sort of advertising. Dublin = Scum lighting bins on fire, Cork = friendly welcome!

My head hurts, and the graves of Barry, Hurley, Mac Suibhne, MacCurtain and all the rest have turned. So this, a competition between Cork and Dublin over who can be the most sycophantic to the British queen, is what has become of the so-called "rebel" county? From the sweet mellifluous Irish of Baile Bhuirne to the sean nós tradition of Cúil Aodha to the poetry of Eoghan Rua Ó Súilleabháin and the poetic class which inspired Daniel Corkery's Hidden Ireland to the heroism of the people of Cork who fought against British colonial rule in Cath Chéim an Fhia, Kilmichael and Crossbarry - what of those noble, selfless sons and daughters of Cork and Ireland now? Where is their place in the new Cork?

In the new Cork, according to Mr Cork Man (Eoghan Harris?), being more keen on the British royal family is a sign of its superiority to Dublin. Graves turning everywhere where a true Cork person is buried.

Did anybody notice the lady at the English market with the placard? She touched the queen when she was passing. How the hell did she get in there and I'd love to know what the Placard read... Anybody know?

FREE BEER....TOMORROW ?:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just heard that QE2 would like to return, obviously that wouldn't be a state visit just a regular holiday at Coolmore!

• Advertisement

My head hurts, and the graves of Barry, Hurley, McSwiney, MacCurtain and all the rest have turned. So this, a competition between Cork and Dublin over who can be the most sycophantic to the British queen, is what has become of the so-called "rebel" county? From the sweet mellifluous Irish of Baile Bhuirne to the sean nós tradition of Cúil Aodha to the poetry of Eoghan Rua Ó Súilleabháin and the poetic class which inspired Daniel Corkery's Hidden Ireland to the heroism of the people of Cork who fought against British colonial rule in Cath Chéim an Fhia, Kilmichael and Crossbarry - what of those noble, selfless sons and daughters of Cork and Ireland now? Where is their place in the new Cork?

In the new Cork, according to Mr Cork Man (Eoghan Harris?), being more keen on the British royal family is a sign of its superiority to Dublin. Graves turning everywhere where a true Cork person is buried.

Ye started it :D:D (or was it Joe Duffy having his love-in with the English Market on the radio today?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement