Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

the next time a member of the royal family comes to visit, could the people of cork try to arrange a few scumbags complete with full uniform ie tracksuits, peak caps, dutch gold, to protest and riot around the city centre? obviously make sure its not dole day either as i think that put a dent in the arranged protests in dublin. we must learn from this guys! cmon people of cork! dublin beat us on this!

Cork is better than Dublin because it isn't full of filthy junkie scum unlike Dublin.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Usertaken

The truth hurts, if the reations to my my comment are anything to go by.

You my good man are an idiot.

Sorry to offend, but to be fair you are.

- Your name alludes to explosives as in your "hard" and of course your a REAL Republican.

No your not.

Nor are any of the dopes that currently call themselves the I.R.A. not the dumbos who were letting off flares in "protest" that's the best is it ?

Sinn Fein "Protest" in Dublin when the Queen landed - Protesters ZERO..... good job.

You wouldn't know Nationalism if it came up and slapped you in the face to be fair. You think wearing a Celtic Jersey and getting Irish Tatoo's makes you a proper nationalists equipped to lord over other Irish people because ya know you look the part.

No offense, but I would presume your from Dublin..... you have the cheek to talk about Cork in regards to

"Nevermind that the British monarch failed to apologiose for war crimes comitted by crown force, atrocities that are still just within living memory. And we disgraced ourselves"

Don't talk about something you know nothing about. Dublin was always and will always be known as the Pale... if you don't know why look it up. If you think Cork today is: " The fawning idoatrous crowds in Cork disgraced themselves"

Hate to break it to you Champ, Dublin been licking the hole off England since the dawn of time.

You ever hear what your fantastic Dublin folks did to the 1916 uprising folks when they were being led away ? Look it up.

In closing, you may thing your a proper Republican and Nationalist but your not, nor will you ever be. Your a wannabe hard man on the internet presuming to **** all about Cork and the way we are.

There's 1,000's of men died for the right for you to be free today in this County, can you say for the same for Dublin ?

God you wannabe Nationalists make me ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Vilified

:rolleyes:

I weep for our country cause of the stuff in this thread.

(mostly the semtex sean stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

The moniker "Rebel County" is now defunct, to be replaced with the Queen's own county, and wil rebel without a clue become queen without a clue?[/QUOTE

cool! do you think we should have scumbags around the streets too or will we leave that to dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Cork is better than Dublin because it isn't full of filthy junkie scum unlike Dublin.:pac:

The last bit was kind of implied by the first bit horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The moniker "Rebel County" is now defunct, to be replaced with the Queen's own county, and wil rebel without a clue become queen without a clue?

I think as a mark of respect, they should name a Cork town after the Queen, and call it Queenstown. Cobh would be just right for it.

The moniker "Rebel County" is now defunct, to be replaced with the Queen's own county, and wil rebel without a clue become queen without a clue?[/QUOTE

cool! do you think we should have scumbags around the streets too or will we leave that to dublin?

I fear for that mans future job prospects to be fair.

While I can tolerate Dubliners in general when they presume to judge other Countys in regards to their past it really grates on my nerves.

Besides Kilkenny can anyone mention a more useless county during the Independence fight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

the next time a member of the royal family comes to visit, could the people of cork try to arrange a few scumbags complete with full uniform ie tracksuits, peak caps, dutch gold, to protest and riot around the city centre? obviously make sure its not dole day either as i think that put a dent in the arranged protests in dublin. we must learn from this guys! cmon people of cork! dublin beat us on this!

You forgot the Manchester united jerseys :pac:

Don't try to fool yourself with that real capital of Ireland crap. The fawning idoatrous crowds in Cork disgraced themselves. Of course there are thousands of honourable exceptions, but there were swarms of seaneens to be seen like no where else. The real truth is that Cork has shown itself for what it is, a desperate provincial city, desperate for attention, desperate to prostitute itself and it's honourable history for a fleeting glimpse, of what to it's moronic citizenry is the big celebrity. Nevermind that the British monarch failed to apologiose for war crimes comitted by crown force, atrocities that are still just within living memory.

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'd like to introduce to you:

The Past.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think as a mark of respect, they should name a Cork town after the Queen, and call it Queenstown. Cobh would be just right for it.

Dublin - Pale

Within the confines of the Pale the leading gentry and merchants lived lives not too different from that of their counterparts in England, except that they lived under the constant fear of attack from the Gaelic Irish.

Ye compare a tiny town and a whole county..... wanna try again there chief ?

• Advertisement

Usertaken wrote: »

There's 1,000's of men died for the right for you to be free today in this County, can you say for the same for Dublin ?

I didn't realise we were all kept as slaves when the Brits rules here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Semtex Sean banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Typical Dublin mentality! You wonder why the rest of the country hate you. What I find funny is that its plain to see that these Dubs calling for Cork to be named the "new Jackeens" etc really should open up their history books. They obviously have no clue about Irish history, we are talking 100 years ago, you would swear its 500 years ago. Its such a shame that people living in this land of ours dont know anything from less than a centuary ago. Is it just Dublin schools that refuse to teach the real history of this island?

I find it hilarious. The worst part is these "Dubs" have no idea what Im talking about :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 qwertyuiopa

You my good man are an idiot.

Sorry to offend, but to be fair you are.

- Your name alludes to explosives as in your "hard" and of course your a REAL Republican.

No your not.

Nor are any of the dopes that currently call themselves the I.R.A. not the dumbos who were letting off flares in "protest" that's the best is it ?

Sinn Fein "Protest" in Dublin when the Queen landed - Protesters ZERO..... good job.

You wouldn't know Nationalism if it came up and slapped you in the face to be fair. You think wearing a Celtic Jersey and getting Irish Tatoo's makes you a proper nationalists equipped to lord over other Irish people because ya know you look the part.

No offense, but I would presume your from Dublin..... you have the cheek to talk about Cork in regards to

"Nevermind that the British monarch failed to apologiose for war crimes comitted by crown force, atrocities that are still just within living memory. And we disgraced ourselves"

Don't talk about something you know nothing about. Dublin was always and will always be known as the Pale... if you don't know why look it up. If you think Cork today is: " The fawning idoatrous crowds in Cork disgraced themselves"

Hate to break it to you Champ, Dublin been licking the hole off England since the dawn of time.

You ever hear what your fantastic Dublin folks did to the 1916 uprising folks when they were being led away ? Look it up.

In closing, you may thing your a proper Republican and Nationalist but your not, nor will you ever be. Your a wannabe hard man on the internet presuming to **** all about Cork and the way we are.

God you wannabe Nationalists make me ill.

So,it was only Corkmen who fought in the War of Independence?Look up what happened in Dublin during the war of independence ya goon..

Just get over it,the people of Dublin ignored the Windsors visit,while 'the rebels' fell over themselves to welcome them:)

Semtex Sean banned.

I know he was embarrassing Dubliner's but come on real board real people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

So,it was only Corkmen who fought in the War of Independence?Look up what happened in Dublin during the war of independence ya goon..

Just get over it,the people of Dublin ignored the Windsors visit,while 'the rebels' fell over themselves to welcome them:)

the people of dublin weren't left near her , the people of the rebel county were....thats it in a nutshell im afraid

Well if we're being totally honest here the security was tighter in Dublin for the first day, everyone relaxed then when they realized that the barstoolers, country wide, werent going to cause too much disruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

the people of dublin weren't left near her , the people of the rebel county were....thats it in a nutshell im afraid
    That's because it was easier to contain the few hundred queen fans in Cork than the 100's and 100's of thousands in Dublin. :)
    It was all to do with logistics.

Mr Cork Man Banned.

I never said it was only Corkmen, I was pointing out the fallibility equating Dublin with Cork thank you.

Pray tell what happened Dublin ? Did your City get burnt down did it ? Dare you even attempt to equate Leinster with the efforts of Munster ? Didn't think so.

Ignored ? Really all those "bangers" and "fireworks" ignored is it ?

Cork people are above protesting an elderly lady visiting this Island. She's close to her 90's for gods sake. You really wanna protest against her ?

Ye shouting and roaring at an old lady is really the thing to do to show what exactly ?

• Advertisement

They're dropping like flies in here ;)

To be fair given the drug epidemic in Dublin..... would you trust them ?

Didn't think so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

This was a great trip for all concerned(and i say that as someone who was totally indifferent to it right up until she landed)

Good summary, TTJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 qwertyuiopa

I never said it was only Corkmen, I was pointing out the fallibility equating Dublin with Cork thank you.

Pray tell what happened Dublin ? Did your City get burnt down did it ? Dare you even attempt to equate Leinster with the efforts of Munster ? Didn't think so.

Ignored ? Really all those "bangers" and "fireworks" ignored is it ?

Cork people are above protesting an elderly lady visiting this Island. She's close to her 90's for gods sake. You really wanna protest against her ?

Ye shouting and roaring at an old lady is really the thing to do to show what exactly ?

Im not gonna embarrass you by giving you a history lesson here,but just do a little research on IRA activities during the war in Dublin(not taking away from the Cork volunteers btw,but to suggest,like you did that f all happened in Dublin just highlights your ignorance)

99% of Dubs ignored the Windsors visit,whereas thousands lined the streets of Cork-thats just the truth of it;)

Dublin V Cork crap stops here.

This will not be the ground that another civil war is fought on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

i thought the queens ready prepared speech was read with great sincerity and she truly does feel sorry for the way the brutish army have targeted the irish catholics. the kind of sincerity she showed after her daughter in law was murdered by her employees so that her son could marry a horse. give the woman an oscar better actress than helen mirren

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

i thought the queens ready prepared speech was read with great sincerity and she truly does feel sorry for the way the brutish army have targeted the irish catholics. the kind of sincerity she showed after her daughter in law was murdered by her employees so that her son could marry a horse. give the woman an oscar better actress than helen mirren

:confused:

Im not gonna embarrass you by giving you a history lesson here,but just do a little research on IRA activities during the war in Dublin(not taking away from the Cork volunteers btw,but to suggest,like you did that f all happened in Dublin just highlights your ignorance)

99% of Dubs ignored the Windsors visit,whereas thousands lined the streets of Cork-thats just the truth of it;)

Final point & I'll leave Mickey in peace.

I'm from West Cork - there's not a man alive in my village who didn't lose someone in the War Independence or Civil War so don't pretend to know what I do or don't know.

As for your other point - I direct you to their leader who was from and was killed in......................

Good night to you, enjoy the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

i thought the queens ready prepared speech was read with great sincerity

It was prepared in advance?

You mean it wasn't just ad libbed, as the evil media would have us believe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement