Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think it would be a great gesture to the people of Ireland if an Post issues a set of stamps depicting the queens head commerating her visit to this country.

That would be a lovely gesture, and with a good reason too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gigino wrote: »
    I would prefer if an Post broughht the cost of postage down to Royal Mail levels.

Why does it cost so much more to post stuff from Ireland to Britain than from Britain to Ireland ?

Is there anything you don't whinge about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I would prefer if an Post broughht the cost of postage down to Royal Mail levels.

Why does it cost so much more to post stuff from Ireland to Britain than from Britain to Ireland ?

Years ago, a "special relationship" existed between An Post and the Royal Mail, where the UK/Ireland postal charges were reasonable both ways, but I believe that for some strange reason, An Post decided to drop out of this arrangement, and since then there's been a mutual robbery going on.

i think a better suggestion would be if andrex issued toilet roll depicting the queens head

http://jeremyinc.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Nodin wrote: »
    I did. Theres posts either way.

Of course, but most of the various posters at the time were in agreement about O'Leary...

emmm, no? You re-edited a post to cover remarks that were made subsequently.

no I did not as I cannot travel back in time. Anyway, no point in trying to argue with you as you think 20.37 is a " full 20 minutes " after 20.21 :D
    Is there anything you don't whinge about?
    plenty. 99% of the time I do not whinge, its just that you + I differ on many opinions. You have a right to your opinions. I do not whinge about that.;)

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Years ago, a "special relationship" existed between An Post and the Royal Mail, where the UK/Ireland postal charges were reasonable both ways, but I believe that for some strange reason, An Post decided to drop out of this arrangement, and since then there's been a mutual robbery going on.

As Gay Byrne once said, we wanted our independence, and we have to pay for it.

Of course, but most of the various posters at the time were in agreement about O'Leary....

No, they were not.

no I did not as I cannot travel back in time. Anyway, no point in trying to argue with you as you think 20.37 is a " full 20 minutes " after 20.21 :D

Yes, you went back and edited your post to take in comments after it was made.
    plenty. 99% of the time I do not whinge, .

...presumably that consists of time away from Boards....

ejmaztec wrote: »

There is more robbery by An Post than by Royal Mail - no surprise there....given it costs so much more to post stuff from Ireland to Britain than from Britain to Ireland.

It would be great if an Post brought the cost of postage down to Royal Mail levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

probably because the postal staff in ireland or paid twice as much

There is more robbery by An Post than by Royal Mail - no surprise there....given it costs so much more to post stuff from Ireland to Britain than from Britain to Ireland.

It would be great if an Post brought the cost of postage down to Royal Mail levels.

sounds to me like somebody is missing home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Sure Charleville may as well be in Limerick so.:pac: Between Christy Cooney and yesterday cork came out very well.
    I always knew that Cork would lead the way.
    I am very proud of my city and fellow cork people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Cork is better than Dublin because it isn't full of filthy junkie scum unlike Dublin.:pac:

of course it is, they just stab garda and rob their car and go on a joyride around the airport down there. much better:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LordSutch wrote: »

Ah now lads you are going a wee bit too far with that, i hope its tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I think it would be a great gesture to the people of Ireland if an Post issues a set of stamps depicting the queens head commerating her visit to this country. :p
    LordSutch wrote: »

People wouldn't know which side to spit on!

People wouldn't know which side to spit on!

Ah now, us Irish people are not that dumb.
    Although maybe we are, putting up with a country where it costs so much to post a letter or parcel. Even tourists here complain / comment on the high postage charges / ripoff prices whenever they send postcards or parcels home.

If An Post brought out a special commerative stamp it would not bring the cost of An Post postage down to Royal Mail levels.

Although maybe we are, putting up with a country where it costs so much to post a letter or parcel. Even tourists here complain / comment on the high postage charges / ripoff prices whenever they send postcards or parcels home.

Haven't you heard? It's time to move on, to leave the past behind, to build bridges, to extend the hand of friendship. To "bow to An Post, but not be bound by it".

If An Post brought out a special commerative stamp it would not bring the cost of An Post postage down to Royal Mail levels.

This is more of the mere 1% of your time you spend whinging, presumably.

Maybe if we whinged a bit more we would not get ripped off paying 50% more for our stamps here, compared to UK rates ?

Maybe if we whinged a bit more at the right time about our bankers, regulator, government etc, we would be better off ?...instead of letting them away with it ?

They are the matters to whinge about, not other posters whose views are different to your good self.;)

Maybe if we whinged a bit more we would not get ripped off paying 50% more for our stamps here, compared to UK rates ?

Maybe if we whinged a bit more at the right time about our bankers, regulator, government etc, we would be better off ?...instead of letting them away with it ?

They are the matters to whinge about, not other posters whose views are different to your good self.;)
    Philatelists of the world, unite!

taxpayers + citizens of these islands unite

• Advertisement

They are the matters to whinge about, not other posters whose views are different to your good self.

"views"? I've heard nothing from you but second guessing and complaint.

"views"? I've heard nothing from you but second guessing and complaint.
    This is the thread about the Queen. I did not second guess or complain about her ; in fact I think she is great for a lady of 85 and I would welcome her here as the head of state of our closest neighbour. Plenty of others have complained on this thread about her visit, but not me, sunshine.
    Now stop whinging.

This is the thread about the Queen. I did not second guess or complain about her ; in fact I think she is great for a lady of 85 and I would welcome her here as the head of state of our closest neighbour. Plenty of others have complained on this thread about her visit, but not me, sunshine.
    Now stop whinging.

You spent more time complaining about Olivia O'leary and getting digs in about the state than you did on the queen.

You spent more time complaining about Olivia O'leary and getting digs in about the state than you did on the queen.
    you have spent more time stalking me and attacking me than anything else.
    Now please go for the ball, not the player.

you have spent more time stalking me and attacking me than anything else.
    Now please go for the ball, not the player.

O I've been kicking the ball.

i think if i loved the u.k and queen so much i would move to england

i think if i loved the u.k and queen so much i would move to england
    why do'nt ye so ? nothing to stop you. There are millions of people there of Irish descent. you may find it a more tolerant, pluralistic place, who knows? I would'nt cross the river to see her, or the head of any other state, never mind change country of residence because of the head of state, but its a free world, and there is free movement in these islands, as there always has been. Go for it if you want, and send a postcard (with your lower cost postage stamp! ) .

why do'nt ye so ? nothing to stop you. There are millions of people there of Irish descent. you may find it a more tolerant, pluralistic place, who knows? I would'nt cross the river to see her, or the head of any other state, never mind change country of residence because of the head of state, but its a free world, and there is free movement in these islands, as there always has been. Go for it if you want, and send a postcard (with your lower cost postage stamp! ) .
    i wont because i dont. thats some change of tune

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

six million irish living and working and enjoying living in britain ,plus thousands of other irish citizens moving over there every week.

• Advertisement

:D we could have the best of both worlds if we done what Gay Byrne once suggested " hand the country back to the Queen with a note of apology" lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement