Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Origin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pretty surprised NSW went on to win that test but they were really up for it and seemed to have the more ideas going forward.

Sets up a serious deciding test now on July 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

After years of losing the series, I actually want NSW to win next game. The whole rooting for the underdog thing I suppose. I do have a crackin QLD sweatshirt, and every year up to this, have wanted them to win the Origin, think they will probably still win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Forgot about the match and just watched the hour of highlights on Sky, looked a great match. Hopefully NSW can go on and do it in game 3 now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

What a game!!

It looked like the NSW players just wanted it more - Paul Gallen is a machine! How he kept running hard for 80 mins is crazy. Soward kept them ticking over and Minichello was rock solid at the back. Hopoate had a real good debut - fingers crossed he'll be ok for the decider.

You can't write off Queensland but their big players were pretty quiet yesterday - with the exception of Smith.

It's all to play for on the 6th of July - might have to take the day off for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

hsbc wrote: »
    Hopoate had a real good debut - fingers crossed he'll be ok for the decider.

He's not. unfortunately http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/injuries-to-key-players-will-blight-blues-in-decider/2198365.aspx

He had a very good debut alright.

Paul Gallen was absolutely out of this world - not a massive guy by NRL Prop standards and put his hand up to do a job alien to him. He showed serious guts to go about his business in the manner he did. I still think his best position is back row where, with Greg Brid, he is in the top two back rowers in the world. It's just a shame about Bird's off-field character!

• Advertisement

AdeT wrote: »
    He's not. unfortunately http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/injuries-to-key-players-will-blight-blues-in-decider/2198365.aspx

He had a very good debut alright.

Paul Gallen was absolutely out of this world - not a massive guy by NRL Prop standards and put his hand up to do a job alien to him. He showed serious guts to go about his business in the manner he did. I still think his best position is back row where, with Greg Brid, he is in the top two back rowers in the world. It's just a shame about Bird's off-field character!

Pity for Hopoate - he won't be playing anymore Origin for a couple of years now with him heading off on his 2 year break for missionary work. Serious player though and seems like a good guy. You'd have to respect his beliefs and applaud the fact he's prepared to take 2 years out of a sport where he could earn alot of money and become a superstar. A genuine role-model.

Gallen was savage - i read somehwhere that he is only the second prop to play the whole 80 in an origin game. I'd say he was sore the next morning! And i think he's going to be playing for the Sharks this weekend - his fitness levels must be unreal.

I've read a few strories about Bird but i thought he had mended his ways lately??

So the squads have been named and the coutdown is well and truly on!

How do you think it's gonna go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭mountain

just about to knock off work for an hour or so and go and watch it now,

cmon the maroooonss!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

mountain wrote: »
    just about to knock off work for an hour or so and go and watch it now,

cmon the maroooonss!!!
    Nice hit from slater there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Anyone who wants to watch it on line PM me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm not at home at the moment and failed to record this. Does anyone know if it will be repeated on sky sports? I can't seem to find this info on the net.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Repeated to night 6.30 Sky sports 2..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Massacre, woohoo. Come on QLD. 22-0 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

24-10 now.

Turning into a class game.

Lifeline try for NSW there at the 37 min which will help them back in game.

Edit: another try for NSW. Game on now. Queensland will be disappointed with those last 5 mins.

24-10 to the Maroons at HT.

horrible looking injury for Thurston there.

NSW having lots of the ball in 2nd half but havent looked like getting over the try line at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

outside of Thurston's injury I enjoyed that and the result. The talent on the Queensland team is just phenomenal. I reckon NSW may have staged a mini comeback at times but Queensland never looked like losing this one once the game started. Roll on 2012 I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I must say I found the SoO series pretty exciting, though don't normally watch RL. Much better than the few games of SL or Challenge Cup I've watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Risteard wrote: »
    I must say I found the SoO series pretty exciting, though don't normally watch RL. Much better than the few games of SL or Challenge Cup I've watched.

ah yea, Origin is the ultimate in RL, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

old gregg wrote: »
    ah yea, Origin is the ultimate in RL, imo.

That was the best series in recent memory IMO:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

That was the best series in recent memory IMO:D

And the worst thing to come out of it:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d79_1310019822

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

And the worst thing to come out of it:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d79_1310019822

Un. Be. lievable. How could someone do that? The toilet facilities there are fine.

She's been charged anyway so it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

bw wrote: »
    Un. Be. lievable. How could someone do that? The toilet facilities there are fine.

She's been charged anyway so it seems.

Delighted to see that.

Police today would not advise how they tracked her down. :pac: It wasn't hard

Advertisement