Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 to put aside per month

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have €200 to put aside a month (outside another savings account) and I'm asking for advise on where to save/invest it. :confused:

Any ideas folks?

Sally Floyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Avoid at all costs the professional money advisers especially those with really expensive suits and pongy aftershave. I have found this to be a mainly corrupt industry with hidden charges, no statements and no morals. When you query them they suggest the Financial Regulator who is bogged down with work,

I suggest Prize Bonds because you can get your money back and also win a prize and there are no hidden charges. Failing that your local credit union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Prize bonds have little or no return on investment, with inflation your investment will lose value.

How long before you will want your money OP?

Establish if your goal is short, medium or long term

Once you decide on that, your options will be fairly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Every bank does some kind of regular savings with some paying up to 4%. Have a look around for the one with the t&c that suit you the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

I would have said put it in the saving account with the best interest. But you gotta think of safety aswell. A non-irish bank would be a deffo for me anyway. Just incase they decide to start raping our savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Talk to someone independant who knows about the EU and then invest OUTSIDE of Ireland... A close familymember of mine is a stockbroker and I trust him somewhat, saved some of my assets just before the recession, and he said and I quote

"You'd be very very silly investing into bonds in Ireland right now, for that matter anywhere really." The only place where he sees growth is on the real estate market in countries like (Spain / Portugal / Germany / Poland etc.) especially land, as it's value will grow.

Then again I am no financial expert, just saying, follow world news and read up on individual countries economics and you know where you could safely "invest".

• Advertisement
Advertisement