Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Station

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

Last September I travelled to Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand with my girlfriend. When we were in Sydney I came across a brochure about a ghost tour. Well actually there were two brochures. There was one for a ghost tour in Sydney, a walking tour and one out in Manly at Q Station. The Sydney tour seemed a bit more like a 'just for fun' tour. Like a bit of craic and a laugh which wasn't what I was looking for so I decided on Q Station.

We booked it and the next evening we got the ferry to Manly and went by free shuttle bus out to Q Station. Now whether you believe in ghosts or not this place is very creepy. Its blocked off from the public and to gain entrance the bus had to drive up to this small one room building with a massive fence on either side. After talking to the security guard they opened the gate and in we went. It was like something out of some slasher flick. From parts of Q Station you can see the lights of Sydney but the place is so quiet. Not a sound. Very eerie atmosphere which I suppose made it perfect for a ghost tour!

Now I wont really get into the history of the place here but basically Q Station stands for Quarantine Station. It was used as a quarantine from 1892 until 1984. More on the history of the place can be found online so I wont bore you with it here.

Now I probably should say I'm a believer and have had an interest in the paranormal since I was a kid. But in saying that I always look for logical solutions before I would ever put anything down as being paranormal.

We took loads of pictures, some of which I am going to upload here. I don't particularly see anything in the first few but I'm just putting them up so you can get an idea of what some of the buildings in Q Station look like. However, in the second last picture I'm going to upload there is something of interest. It was taken by my girlfriend. In the middle of the picture there appears to be what some would call an orb. Now this is where people much more knowledgeable in this area than I am come in. Can anyone tell me what this is? Is it just something with the camera, a reflection of some sort or could it be an orb? I'm not saying its anything of note, the woman that took us on the tour seemed to think it could be but I would like to get the opinions of others on this. I would like to know if this could be explained some how and if others have any idea on what it could be. I took another picture straight away of the same area but nothing came up in the second picture.

Also I would like to know if anyone else has visited Q Station or heard anything about the place. If so, I'd be interested on hearing your thoughts on the place.

MariaSDcard1774.jpg

MariaSDcard1705.jpg

MariaSDcard1667.jpg

LastSDCardofMarias127.jpg

LastSDCardofMarias122.jpg

LastSDCardofMarias123.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Interesting post, thanks. Had never heard of Q Station before you mentioned it - it seems like a very interesting place. As you might have guessed by now, I haven't been there (would love to check it out sometime though if I'm ever in Sydney).

I found some reviews of it by other people who took the tour though: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255060-d556187-r94309253-Quarantine_Station_Ghost_Tour-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html#REVIEWS

As for that photo you took with the 'orb'. I'm not sure what it is - unless there was a flicker of a flashlight coming from behind the camera that was picked up? - and it's intriguing how a second photo you took afterwards of the exact same spot showed nothing.

Q Station sounds like a really cool place to visit anyway.

Edit: One recurrent feature in the reviews on Trip Advisor seems to be the belief that the shower block is very 'active'. It's sad to read that people were put in there and showered in acid to remove their first layer of skin. Horrendous really. Whatever about the ghostly side of things, that's very unpleasant on a human level.

I went to New York last year and we took a (non-paranormal) tour of the emigration hospital block on Ellis Island (near the Statue of Liberty). Ellis Island was the main port of emigration for the U.S until 1954.

We heard all sorts of gruesome stories about procedures immigrants were put through to gain (or not gain) entry to the U.S. Some would be detained in the hospital for months - quarantined really - until they were well enough to be released.

There was one thing about that place though - I had felt fine (physically) before embarking on the tour, but when we were inside with the guide in one of the old hospital dormitories (complete with glassed-in medical artefacts), I started to feel dizzy and weak all of a sudden.

I'm sturdy most of the time, but I had to go and sit down on a bench to make the dizziness stop. I felt much better after we got out of the building and returned to where the museum is.

I don't know. It's a place well worth visiting from a historical perspective anyway. I have a fair few ancestors who came through that place successfully, thank God, and settled in New York, Philadelphia and Boston.

Advertisement