Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cut back on dairy - tips?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

interesting/powerful/fanatical reading here....

http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I would also recommend the coconut milk, the one I tried is Kara with added calcium and it tastes the best out of all the dairy free milks I tried. Also doesn't curdle in tea or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Weyhey wrote: »
    I would also recommend the coconut milk, the one I tried is Kara with added calcium and it tastes the best out of all the dairy free milks I tried. Also doesn't curdle in tea or coffee.

Agree here I'm drinking kara coconut milk too and finding it by far the best milk substitute for tea that Ive found and I've tried loads.

I am wary of having too much soya in my diet as I find it definitely invokes a hormonal response in me ,gives me spots and pmt etc. After a year or so on soya I was diagnosed with having a low functioning thyroid too. I didnt tolerate the medication well so had to stop it. When I told my errndocrinologist I was using soya milk regularly he told me to quit it immediately as it's known to be "goitrogenic" in some people, ie. It can interfere with thyroid function. After three months off it my thyroid returned to normal function. It might be worth baring in mind for anyone with similar problems that it's not great for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

That's interesting to hear that soya may affect the thyroid. Good to bear in mind :)

Advertisement