Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle flyover on South Ring

• 18-05-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Thinking of taking a cycle this weekend that will probably involve Cobh to Rochestown road and coming back through the city by Blackrock castle and Marina. I notice there's a cycle/ped flyover close to the Mahon Point flyover that Google claims connects Rochestown and Skehard roads which would be a huge time saver, but it's difficult to figure out where to join this route from Rochestown - gmaps has you going into an apartment block carpark - but I can't see an obvious entry point like there is on Skehard.

Anyone taken this flyover can help me out? Is the entry point from Rochestown fairly obvious/signposted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

That's the public walkway just down the road a bit from the Rochestown Inn pub, pretty sure it's signposted but basically it's the entrance to a block of flats as well so you shouldn't miss it.

http://goo.gl/maps/oNxG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks Opus, I was looking at the streetview, but it looked like the route was blocked by a gate, so I wasn't sure. From that, it looks like the route is actually to the left of the gate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I haven't cycled that route in a while, but you definitely go down by the apartments, and it won't be blocked off. I think it's clear enough once you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep the foot/cycle path is just to the left of the gate to the apartments...can't miss it once you go in by the little car park. There are bollards across it to stop cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Faith wrote: »
    I haven't cycled that route in a while, but you definitely go down by the apartments, and it won't be blocked off. I think it's clear enough once you're there.

Yep, pathway down by the apartments opposite Rochestown Inn - when you get to the bridge across the estuary you can turn down right to the walkway back to Blackrock Castle or go straight on, over the flyover which brings you to the old railway line and on to the Marina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

The apartments are called Harty's Quay.

Advertisement