Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin15 Newspapers

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I am doing a bit of Advertising for my company in the next couple of weeks - I wanted to find out what newspaper's you would reccomend? The premises is in Clonee.

I was looking at the Blanch Gazette and the Blanch Informer - any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Northside People, The Community Voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Also look up some forums other than here that have a Dublin 15 section or such type of websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Def go for the Community Voice...that's delivered to houses. The others are free and available in the Supermarkets etc but I would never pick them up. I always read the CV when it comes through the letterbox though.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

athtrasna wrote: »
    Def go for the Community Voice...that's delivered to houses. The others are free and available in the Supermarkets etc but I would never pick them up. I always read the CV when it comes through the letterbox though.

I'd agree with that suggestion - Community Voice has been in business for years and carries the most comprehensive coverage of issues; some of the other freebies are overwhelmed by advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

January wrote: »
    Northside People, The Community Voice
    richardjjd wrote: »
    I'd agree with that suggestion - Community Voice has been in business for years and carries the most comprehensive coverage of issues; some of the other freebies are overwhelmed by advertising.

Great! Thanks! Is The Community Voice fortnightly? Might combine it with a couple of the monthly rags if so. :)

• Advertisement

It's monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The Blanch Informer is delievered directly to homes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The Blanch Informer is delievered directly to homes as well.

I have lived in Blanch for 7 years and have never had that delivered?

I have lived in Blanch for 7 years and have never had that delivered?

I've lived here all my life and never seen it in even a shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I advertise in the community voice. It is a top local paper because not only are the stories relevant and genuinely local; the editor *Fergus Lynch" always seems to have an angle that national media doesn't seem to have on stories in D15 that have gone national.

The paper always delivers to door's and is usually the last Thursday of each month when they start distributing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

As a reader, I most enjoy the Community Voice - reports on local issues, not just the social scene like the Blanch Gazette which just seems filled with photos of ladies at charity event.

January wrote: »
    I've lived here all my life and never seen it in even a shop!

My parents got a copy of the Blanch Informer in their door the other day for the first time ever!

Advertisement