Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Housing Estate on Dunboyne Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Has anybody bought here yet or heard any more info? Going chatting to estate agent tomorrow re these houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

Let us know how you get on? Look like nice houses but they seem overpriced in todays market and it will be a building site for a few years. interested to see if the prices fall or whether they are open to reasonable offers

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi, any updated news?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Hi we went to see them and really fell in love. They are selling them in phases and they are opening a new building vehicle entry point to the back of the estate so the houses people are living in won't be effected by the on-going building. When we looked a good few of the first phase were bought. I do feel the 4 bed semi is a little overpriced and we are anxious to see what materials will be included in the purchase. That being said I think we are pretty sure it is where we want to buy and we will be looking to purchase something towards the end of the year.

Has anyone bought? I would love to know how the builder was on price negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Anyone buy here? Really interested to know what prices or extras were negotiated with the builder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning gone in to change the houses at the back that were going to be semi-d in to fully detached. Clearly they are selling better than I thought they were!

MYOB wrote: »
    Planning gone in to change the houses at the back that were going to be semi-d in to fully detached. Clearly they are selling better than I thought they were!

Out of interest, where did you see that MYOB or was it word of mouth? Kildare coco website or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Jammie01 wrote: »
    MYOB wrote: »

Out of interest, where did you see that MYOB or was it word of mouth? Kildare coco website or something?

we spoke to coonans last week and they mentioned this. second phase being released this month and next phase ia aug/sep. we want to try get one of the houses facing the green area.

Found it on the county council website there. Had a look at the site plan and they are changing 19 to 28 castlepark drive to detached. All these gardens would be north-east facing, you'd think they'd change some of the south or south-west ones instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jammie01 wrote: »

Kildare CC planning website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 yanqingliqici

Kathy22 wrote: »
    we spoke to coonans last week and they mentioned this. second phase being released this month and next phase ia aug/sep. we want to try get one of the houses facing the green area.

We would like to buy one too,three-bed smi....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sugarmonkey

hi guys not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know if the housing estates around dunboyne train station have pyrite and if so, do you know what the scale of it would be? am i allowed to name the estate on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Well, given Dunboyne is in county Meath I'd say that you'd better head that way
    >

[The estate on the Dunboyne road in Maynooth has some possible connections with estates elsewhere with pyrite but spelling it out here probably isn't a great idea! ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Some of Dunboyne Castle had pyrite, if you drive into the estate from the Maynooth road they are the first road on the left that had works done on them, they were then sold as new houses (in the last few years). Up near the train station in Dunboyne the houses are older, most there since at least the mid 90's so any issues would be well out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sugarmonkey

thank you Staplor, much appreciated

Advertisement