Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy UCD

Options
  • 18-05-2011 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

I've had a couple of interviews so far TCD, RCSI. I was unsuccessful with RCSI and I have been placed on the reserve list for TCD.So I guess I was unsuccessful there too :-(

Just wondering what the story with UCD is? Do they generally call candidates for interview or is that a rarity? I've also applied to UL and haven't received anything regarding interview as yet. Just wondering what has been people experience to date.

As my options are becoming more limited I'm beginning to get a little bit apprehensive. I really want to pursue physiotherapy as a profession but after essentially getting rejected twice I'm starting to get more and more apprehensive.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have. Also special thanks to everyone who posts up here. The information have been vital for interview preparation etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well you've come to the right place! :D

First off..people turn down offers so getting on the reserve list is not a bad thing!! Girl in my class was on the reserve list. :)

Secondly, UCD don't interview for Physiotherapy, they just go by your application. I can't remember exactly, but I think you will find out if you got a place or not with them around the end of May.

UL don't hold interviews until start of June so it might be another little wait to find out if you'll be called for interview with them.

I didn't get into Physiotherapy first time round but I was determined to do it. I've just finished second year. Fingers crossed for you, and it is possible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TJAC

Thanks Larianne. Really appreciate the response. Pity that UCD don't do interviews. I really think they give the candidates an opportunity to give to convince the interview panel that this is something that you are passionate about and really want to pursue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh, I totally agree with you on that. I think interviews are vital in the process.

I didn't find UCD very helpful at all when I was applying there. Delighted to give them the two fingers when they offered me a place and I had accepted somewhere else. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

ditto on the TCD reserve thing. At least 2 of the reserves got offered a place on my course. So fingers crossed for you! And if not, you'll be in a great position next year, as you'll know the process well. Good luck :)

Advertisement