Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best petrol prices in or around Wicklow [Post bargains here]

• 17-05-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Its its another Topaz, I'll keep going to Newcastle for my petrol. Best around by far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Its its another Topaz, I'll keep going to Newcastle for my petrol. Best around by far.

The few cents saved would probably be used up driving to Newcastle and back.
    Even if Newcastle is 4 cents a litre cheaper your only saving 2.50 on a complete fill of a 65 litre tank and that's probably a big tank, I think average is about 55. Doesn't seem worth the drive for me unless I am down that way anyway.
    I normally find kilpedder garage to be a couple of cent cheaper than other local ones.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Jimjay wrote: »
    The few cents saved would probably be used up driving to Newcastle and back.

The point is we have to demonstrate to expensive petrol stations that we are sick of being ripped off and reward cheaper outlets with increased custom.

Otherwise prices will increase at a far quicker rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thats the point, Im in Kilcoole so getting to Newcastle is handy enough, but I think its important to reward places that make the effort with your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

like the scalp service station. It always 5-7c per litre cheaper than greystones. And on the way(ish) to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

dr ro wrote: »
    like the scalp service station. It always 5-7c per litre cheaper than greystones. And on the way(ish) to work.

The one at the end of Newtown is always cheap as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

2011 wrote: »
    The point is we have to demonstrate to expensive petrol stations that we are sick of being ripped off and reward cheaper outlets with increased custom.

Otherwise prices will increase at a far quicker rate.

I sure understand your point and I never fill up at kilcoole or greystones due to the prices but Newcastle is out of he way so not cost effective.

I normally use kilpedder or the little garage on the enniskerry to sandyford road it is normally cheaper but not always. Is this scalp? I don't know.

It's amazing to see the range of prices. Arklow for example is always at least 5cent cheaper than greystones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭anonanymore

Useful site, but check prices are up to date.

www.pumps.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Jimjay wrote: »
    I sure understand your point and I never fill up at kilcoole or greystones due to the prices but Newcastle is out of he way so not cost effective.

I normally use kilpedder or the little garage on the enniskerry to sandyford road it is normally cheaper but not always. Is this scalp? I don't know.

It's amazing to see the range of prices. Arklow for example is always at least 5cent cheaper than greystones.

There is huge competition in Arklow. We need a Tesco filling station to drive the price down.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I pay 148.9 per liter of unleaded in near Duleek in Co. Meath at the moment:

photo-4.jpg

Last time I checked it was over 156 at the Esso station in Blacklion!
    What a rip off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 the_bigman

Esso is always going to be expensive because of its location. No matter how often you go anywhere else, it will always get people coming in off the road. Goldmine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Damo9090 wrote: »
    There is huge competition in Arklow. We need a Tesco filling station to drive the price down.

Well there was no filling station on the planning for the Tesco redevelopment so unfortunately doesn't look like that will be happening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

159.9 for unleaded up in the ultima garage in kilpeddar . 1.50 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Always divert to the Scalp for mine....a quick detour on the way from work saves a tonne throughout the year. Never use Greystones or Kilcoole pumps anymore....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Langerland wrote: »
    Always divert to the Scalp for mine....a quick detour on the way from work saves a tonne throughout the year. Never use Greystones or Kilcoole pumps anymore....
    whats the prices up in scalp langerland?

I'm not sure about petrol, but the best value I have seen locally is €148.8 / liter at Applegreen in Rathnew

You could try pumps.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭.243

diesel 147.9 in rathnew at the auto pumps behind c&d recylicing

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Scalp was €1.578/lt for petrol yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Scalp is 148 for Diesel at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ultima Oil in Kilpedder has Diesel for 150.9 at the moment.

• Advertisement

applegreen in rathnew 146.9 for diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I was in Mullingar yesterday and prices were 157 for Petrol and 147 for Diesel

Langerland wrote: »
    Scalp is 148 for Diesel at the moment

Is that the same place that the Revenue has closed down in the past week ? At the triangle at Monastery, Enniskerry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is that the same place that the Revenue has closed down in the past week ? At the triangle at Monastery, Enniskerry.

Scalp is the Small Service station beside the Ski slope Kilternan

Scalp is the Small Service station beside the Ski slope Kilternan

ok so its not the one closed by the Revenue then, thanks

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    that petrol station has been closed for a more like a few months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm moving this thread to the Wicklow forum to include the greater Wicklow area.

It will benefit many here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Topaz Ashford Diesel 144.9 :confused:Petrol normal at about 165

Saw it yesterday and thought must be mistake on road signage, but just been informed that this is also the pump price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

Mothman wrote: »
    Topaz Ashford Diesel 144.9 :confused:Petrol normal at about 165

Saw it yesterday and thought must be mistake on road signage, but just been informed that this is also the pump price.

Seen it too but was changed back that evening. i think every now and then they reduce the price for few hours to get people in few months ago when petrol was around 166.9 everywhere else they had it at 159.9 for round 2 days.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Opposite of a bargain, Topaz in Wicklow town is leaped to 154.9 for diesel!

Applegreen in Rathnew is 4c per litre cheaper.
    So I guess I'll be getting my weekly 50 litres there tomorrow.

Advertisement