Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best router to use with Apple TV

• 18-05-2011 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Folks,

Apologies if I am in the wrong section. Having problems Home Sharing with Eircoms ZyXEL router. Can't Home Share with my itunes on my mac from Apple TV 2. Can anyone recommend a router thats decent enough and can be bought Dublin City centre and will work with Eircom / Apple TV 2?

Cheers Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

have you tried turning down the firewall on your current modem or plugging apple tv in my using an ethernet cable instead of wifi? theres no point buying another router if that isnt the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I use Apple TV 1and there are no problems with that modem or any other modem i have tried.

Could the problem be with the computer you are connecting to. Have you tried with just a switch between the two computers. (IE PC and Apple TV)

Usually a firewall issue but i have found as long as bonjour is installed it usually goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

I had the same problem. I bought the Apple Airport Extreme Base Station for €159. Install on your computer, just follow the prompts. Turn home sharing on, then log your apple tv on to the wifi network and your iTunes library will show up under Computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jpt1980 wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I bought the Apple Airport Extreme Base Station for €159. Install on your computer, just follow the prompts. Turn home sharing on, then log your apple tv on to the wifi network and your iTunes library will show up under Computers.

Is it gold plated? :eek:

Thats 3x the price of a decent router (and not a POS Belkin)

@OP, you must be doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

I just wanted something that would work and this did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have a vague recollection of seeing other mentions of the Apple TV not working with the Zyxel.

In fact - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056086520

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is it gold plated? :eek:

Thats 3x the price of a decent router (and not a POS Belkin)

@OP, you must be doing something wrong.

Can't fault it, worth every penny, works perfect with apple tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Nice way for Apple to make some extra money. Have their products not work well with other peoples equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Hey Paul. Did you ever get this working? Have the same problem myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Nice way for Apple to make some extra money. Have their products not work well with other peoples equipment.

That's not the case - I have one which works fine with a netgear router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement