Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get help with thyroid

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to offer some advice!

I was diagnosed over a year ago as hypothyroid (after years of being told I was depressed, ate too much and had IBS) and put on 50mg eltroxin. My TSH starting was 16 and it came down to 6 on this dosage. My GP says that this is borderline and therefore I dont need a higher dose of eltroxin. But I still feel awful. I'm so tired and my concentration is awful, i was an intelligent person but now it seems like i'm stupid, not to mention cold, constipated, fat and miserable. My GP is adamant that this has nothing to do with my thyroid as i'm getting "optimal treatment" and has done other blood tests which show that there is nothing else wrong with me. She keeps offering anti depressants which i refuse to take again, and now has told me that although she believes me about my symptoms there is nothing that can be done about it and I'll have to learn to live with it.

My income is quite low and I'm on a medical card, but I will find the money if I could find someone to help me, who doesnt treat me like a hypochondriac or a fantasist. Can anyone advise me?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement