Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Free Sports + Movies,

• 18-05-2011 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I know it's not exactly in the right thread, but there seems to be a good amount of people here chatting about UPC.

I recently subscribed to UPC for telly + broadband about a month ago. I was also given "free Sky Sports and Sky Movies for 2 months" with my package. I am under the impression that I am going to have to pay a fee to have Sky Sports and Movies removed from my subscription.

Has anyone had any experience with this, and if there is a charge is there any way around it?

Many thanks in advance ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I actually ordered UPC with the 2 months free sports. Talking with them on the phone yesterday they said I could remove the sports after the two months free of charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

^^^

Thanks, I was under the impression there was some stupid charge for removing it, I thought the offer was kinda too good to be true....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I think it's just an offer to get new customers in, once the two months are up you can cancel the sports/movies but you are still under contract for the basic package you ordered.

Have no intention of removing the sports but it was nice he told me that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

remove it the day before the 2 months expires - no downgrade fee
    after 2 months - 10e downgrade fee

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

When you do ring up to remove it be very clear as their customer service guys dont seem to be the brightest!

I rang up to remove the free movies and sports 2 weeks before it was due to renew and they charged me anyway in the next month.. I then rang up again and was assured they would credit me.. Which they didn't do, they tried to charge me again for a second month!

Finally after a third and fourth call and having to demand my money back this bill seems to have added my credit!

Before anyone blames those pesky foreigners and the lost in translation issue, everyone I spoke to was Irish! Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

It suits them to give it to you now during the summer because there will be no premiership football on, a lot of people get the sports disconnected in the off-season for this reason. Be very careful and check your bills, don't wait for your direct debit to come out or you could get a nasty surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

JShannow wrote: »
    When you do ring up to remove it be very clear as their customer service guys dont seem to be the brightest!

I rang up to remove the free movies and sports 2 weeks before it was due to renew and they charged me anyway in the next month.. I then rang up again and was assured they would credit me.. Which they didn't do, they tried to charge me again for a second month!

Finally after a third and fourth call and having to demand my money back this bill seems to have added my credit!

Before anyone blames those pesky foreigners and the lost in translation issue, everyone I spoke to was Irish! Madness
    I've never worked for UPC (and never would) but you can't blame the poor guys at the other end of the phone I'd say.

DD's have to be changed 14 days beforehand in most organisations, otherwise they'll go through at the higher amount.

RE been charged for the second month, that obviously shouldn't of happened. Something similar has happened me with Meteor in the past few weeks which I'm currently trying to get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

looder wrote: »
    I've never worked for UPC (and never would) but you can't blame the poor guys at the other end of the phone I'd say.

DD's have to be changed 14 days beforehand in most organisations, otherwise they'll go through at the higher amount.

RE been charged for the second month, that obviously shouldn't of happened. Something similar has happened me with Meteor in the past few weeks which I'm currently trying to get sorted.

I can definately blame them when I ring up and they tell me they have sorted the issue and it will be fine.. Then the next time I ring up there is no record at all of them doing anything at all or me even making the previous call!
    I used to work in an organisation like this (and I know people who work used to in upc call centres) and there are procedures to update the notes on a persons account and some UPC employees (I'm sure not all) seem to completely ignore this and once the call is over they dont do their job (this is not the first time it has happened in my dealings with them)...

I must admit tho, I really like their service (phone, TV & Broadband) and they give the best value for money but their customer service leaves alot to be improved upon! :-)

Advertisement