Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo STag

Options
  • 18-05-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm organising a stag for a friend of mine in August and would love some advice as regards somewhere to stay near sligo town. i think this will be a large stag, at least 30, as most arent actually going to the wedding, its in dubai (dont ask)- basically looking for cottages, houses or apartments that can house 4, 5 or 6 at a piece-

i had a look at the "Pub, Grub and Club" thread below and that's handy as regards trying to find out bout bars and and clubs- im wary we've a large enough group so will look into that a bit more i think

anyway, thoughts on the first thought would be appreciated- thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

Maybe try the Clarion apartments? Link. As far as I know they're happy to take stag parties etc, and you could probably negotiate a discount for such a large group. They're located just outside town (maybe fifteen minutes walk.)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Try student accommodation, think they hire the houses out to people during Summer, although maybe not towards the end of the month so might depend when it is.

www.yeatsvillage.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Hi,

I'm organising a stag for a friend of mine in August and would love some advice as regards somewhere to stay near sligo town. i think this will be a large stag, at least 30, as most arent actually going to the wedding, its in dubai (dont ask)- basically looking for cottages, houses or apartments that can house 4, 5 or 6 at a piece-

i had a look at the "Pub, Grub and Club" thread below and that's handy as regards trying to find out bout bars and and clubs- im wary we've a large enough group so will look into that a bit more i think

anyway, thoughts on the first thought would be appreciated- thanks

If you're looking for Ideas as what to do with the lads...

check out Tigerland Airsoft.. It's pretty damn cool and definitely a thing to do for a lads day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

If you're looking for Ideas as what to do with the lads...

check out Tigerland Airsoft.. It's pretty damn cool and definitely a thing to do for a lads day out!

thanks for that. however a bunch of us have been on a few stags recently and are trying to avoid this kind of thing as it has been done to death at this stage.

looking for something reasonably active- hovercrafting, mud buggying, or dune buggying- i dont know if there's anything like that- still looking for something

karting if it comes to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

when we had a rugby reunion a couple of years ago we stayed in the riverside hotel. They have large apartment type rooms with 2-3 bedrooms capable of holding about 6-8 people in each one.

Think we only paid about €60 for each room too, so it was pretty cheap and they are as close to town as you can get and also have a car park.

I used to live next to them in millbrook when I was in college but it was an actual hotel then, haven't been down to it since april 2009 so I don't know what it is now. Perhaps someone here knows more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement