Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon service

• 18-05-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

At Lansdowne for tonights Europa League final and was happy to see Nikon sent their NPS Service team to Dublin.

Absolutely brilliant customer service from them including the loan of a 200-400mm f4 for the game. They've a full range of kit available for loan.

Both D3s got a full overhaul, not just a sensor clean, and they also checked over every lens and gave them a full cleaning too.

All at no cost.

Canon also have two techs here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

blarg!

I want that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Only available to accredited photographers though. ;)

Canon Professional Services do the same, so looking forward to them giving my gear a quick cleaning and service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

soccerc wrote: »
    At Lansdowne for tonights Europa League final and was happy to see Nikon sent their NPS Service team to Dublin.

Absolutely brilliant customer service from them including the loan of a 200-400mm f4 for the game. They've a full range of kit available for loan.

Both D3s got a full overhaul, not just a sensor clean, and they also checked over every lens and gave them a full cleaning too.

All at no cost.

Canon also have two techs here.

They do it for the people who can afford to get it done themselves and if they paid for it could claim it as a legitimate expense

but that is me being oh so jealous(-:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

That's a bitter comment from you keps, I'm sure you realize they do it for people who have spent 10s of 1000s of euro buying their gear and everything that involves.

Also, claiming something as a business expense only yields tax credit, not a full refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

keps wrote: »
    They do it for the people who can afford to get it done themselves and if they paid for it could claim it as a legitimate expense

That's very unfair to say. Canon do it free, twice a year for anyone with a pro body (40D, 50D, 7D, 5D, 1D, etc).

Nikon don't do it free in Ireland.

Conns do it free for all cameras bought from them, as do Berminghams (I think).

As for people who can afford it ... I doubt there is a camera owner who can't afford it. It just happens that those who spend thousands do get a bit better service than those who spends hundreds, which is about the same in any industry.

• Advertisement

lighten up a bit

I did say = thats from an oh so jealous me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

keps wrote: »

but that is me being oh so jealous(-:

Can't let you away with the above as you've quoted my OP in your response.

I'd be interested to know how you would be aware of my personal circumstances and that I "could afford to get it done".

Both Nikon and Canon have programmes called Professional Services and it's simple to enrol once you meet the criteria, two pieces of pro equipment in Nikons case.

They attend major sporting occasions worldwide supporting their clients who've invested in their expensive product. Tonight there were 120 photographers in attendance with probably €25k worth of kit each, so say €3m at least in totla value.

Can you see why they provide this service - a satisfied customer is likely to stay loyal to the brand and therefore invest more when needed or upgrading.

BTW at the Barcelona Olympics - I did manage by a mixture of semi-fraud and charm(:)) to 'blag' my way into the Nikon Technical area - it was orgasmic!

Nikon guy-
    'Sorry Keps we dont have a 300 F2.8 for you - would you mind taking a F2 200m with a 1.4 teleconvertor.

Keps= 'well it not what I wanted - but I suppose it will have to do'
    hehehe

true

I apologise if my initial response caused offence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Both Nikon and Canon have programmes called Professional Services and it's simple to enrol once you meet the criteria, two pieces of pro equipment in Nikons case.

The criteria are more stringent than that. Twelve months worth of tear sheets, a vouch from a current member, and ownership of two pro bodies and three lenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

including the loan of a 200-400mm f4 for the game.

How did you find the 200-400mm lens compared to what you normally use ? Would it now tempt you to get one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

RoryW wrote: »
    How did you find the 200-400mm lens compared to what you normally use ? Would it now tempt you to get one ?

Normally use a 300mm 2.8, sometimes with a 1.7tc but having used the 200-400 last evening, if I had the funds, I'd sell the 300mm and get one.

Advertisement