Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch....

Options
  • 18-05-2011 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Inspired by the 'Breakfast' thread on here, I'm looking for suggestions for lunch...

I'm having a friend to lunch on Saturday, she's the type of friend you get semi dressed up to have lunch with... ever the fashionista!

So.... I'm looking for suggestions on something light to make for lunch... preferably something that I can do most of preparation before she arrives...

All suggestions welcome... even ones for yum sandwiches... I once had a sandwich in a place in town, myself and my friend still talk about how amazing that sandwich was!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Eggs Benedict or pancakes with bacon, cream cheese & maple syrup.
    Or this is quite good - I use chorizo in it for extra nyomz http://www.donalskehan.com/2010/05/big-brunch-tomato-eggs/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Quiche?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

How about a selection of antipasti so you can both nibble on?

A nice caprese salad with crusty bread, roasted peppers, a nice selection of cold meats and cheeses, a frittata, hummus, baba ganoush, grilled mushrooms, sauted asparagus with parmasen cheese, deep fried goats cheese in breadcrumbs and nice balsamic vinegar and olive oil to dip your bread in. Minimal effort, but if it's a sunny day, it's always nice to graze.

Pretty much described the lunch of my dreams there.

Advertisement