Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Senor question

Options
  • 18-05-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

Would someone be able to explain how I would go about setting up a wireless shock sensor and contact on a window which has four openings? Do I need a wireless sensor for each opening or can I use a single shock sensor and wire a contact sensor to cover each opening?

Hope the question makes sense :)
    Thanks in advance
    JD

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have a wireless system already?
    Depending on what you use you could wire a couple of hardwired contacts into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jd6677 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would someone be able to explain how I would go about setting up a wireless shock sensor and contact on a window which has four openings? Do I need a wireless sensor for each opening or can I use a single shock sensor and wire a contact sensor to cover each opening?

Hope the question makes sense :)
    Thanks in advance
    JD

What type sensor are you looking to do this on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have a wireless system already?
    Depending on what you use you could wire a couple of hardwired contacts into it.

Sorry no I don't (should have mentioned that in my post :o). I'm looking at getting an alarm for my parents house. Its an old house and not pre-wired. They have about 6 windows downstairs with four openings.
    altor wrote: »
    What type sensor are you looking to do this on ?

I haven't bought the alarm yet. I was looking at getting the latest HKC or the new Signet.

Thanks
    JD

With the HKC or the Signet you can have wired contacts connected to a wire free device. Works out cheaper than installing wire free contacts on each opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

altor wrote: »
    With the HKC or the Signet you can have wired contacts connected to a wire free device. Works out cheaper than installing wire free contacts on each opening.

Great thanks Altor , exactly what I wanted to know.

JD

• Advertisement

jd6677 wrote: »
    Great thanks Altor , exactly what I wanted to know.

JD

The HKC provide tamper plus an alarm loop out of there sensors which might make it an easier job for you.

Advertisement