Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If united(or anyone) came in for Bale.......

Options
  • 18-05-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

How much do you think we should take before we sell him?

It's only a matter of time I think before Fergie comes calling if not this season i'd imagine next for sure. While he was injured i was saying I wouldn't sell him for the sun, moon and the stars but now i'm not so sure. Besides the Embarrassment of becoming their feeder club we have made good money off united for Carrick and Berbatov and I think we were right to sell both looking back.

With the insane money that has changed hands for Bent and Carroll I wouldn't personally want anything under £50m and we could sign a decent replacement or get Adam/Parker aand move Modric to a more left position.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ziedth wrote: »
    k.

With the insane money that has changed hands for Bent and Carroll I wouldn't personally want anything under £50m and we could sign a decent replacement or get Adam/Parker aand move Modric to a more left position.

What do you think?
    I'd leave Modric in the centre. Our best player this season. I wouldn't be so quick to look for a CM. THudd should be back and Sandro has looked very good with his latest run in the team. I'd be looking to get a forward, Goalkeeper and LB and, if Bale were to go, a left winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

£50m!!! You must be joking. Bale is overrated and still unproven. Don't get me wrong he has potential but its still untapped potential. He had a good couple of months in the middle of the season, his assists and goals scored ratio don't warrant such a high transfer fee.

He scored a hat trick away to Inter Milan that has been blown way out of proportion. The game that was effectively over at four nil down and Inter took the foot of the gas which allowed Bale space and time in a game where the pressure was off. A career total of 22 goals is not impressive.

The British media love to put people on a pedestal only to turn on them later and Spurs are the in Club at the moment. Harry and Bale can do no wrong and the hype machine goes into overdrive. His PFA player of the year means little, look at the players who haven't won it.

He was effective in other games, scoring and assisting but has also been marked out of games and when he has to rely on areas of his game other than speed he has been found wanting. He is also injury prone.

Saying that he is one of the most improved players of the season but he needs to add more goals to his game to warrant such a fee.

People realise how ludicrous the Carroll fee was and will be aiming to hit below that figure. I would like to see him come to utd for £20M-25m as up and coming prospect who has to fight for a first team place and not a tailor made first team regular replacement for anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think Left Full for one of the two spanish teams would be the ideal location. However, anyone thinking that he is worth just 20m is blind. There is hype about him but of course that tends to turn people off his actual talents and downplay what he does well. So, when he has been marked out of games, generally its because teams are set up counter him. A good manager can use this edge to expose defences. Injured against Real Madrid away he showed how dangerous he still could be. Just cause the media focus on his performance on a 4-3 loss in Milan, many who simply watch SPurs when no one else is on, tend to forget his other performances (Last year vs Arsenal and Chelsea, this year against Inter at home, the goals vs Stoke, his performance against Madrid etc)

Its not his fault that he was nominated and won the footballs player of the year- and its given essentially on an annual basis and I dont think there was a better player in the premiership in 2010.

I would entertain offers of 30m+ because he does get injured and I think we could do with spending some money. Would prefer to see VdV go but would make sure MOdric stays on. Bale has signed a 5 year deal so hopefully that counts for something even pricewise. A spanish offer of 32m would be better value than 35m from City or Chelsea. I dont think United can afford the transfer fee to be honest. Seeing how ludicrous the Carroll fee has nothing got to do with it. One poor signing (not sure Carroll is a poor signing yet) isnt going to change the overall shape of the transfer market. United spent 32m on Berbatov three few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

40 million and i would snap their hand off.

adam would do just as good a job in my opinion and maybe more defensive duties.

its modric that is irreplacable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not denying he's overrated and I certainly don't think he's "worth" 50m (I had said 40m originally but I stupidly changed it to 50) but I think it should be paid for him given the Carroll/Bent/Torres madness.

My point is that if a big offer comes in for him we should rip their arm off as he hasn't been great by any means since his comeback from injury.

He is def worth more then 20m by today's standards seeing as we sold Berbatov for 30m IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mickman wrote: »
    40 million and i would snap their hand off.

adam would do just as good a job in my opinion and maybe more defensive duties.

its modric that is irreplacable

Charlie Adams? Don;t make me laugh he wouldn't tie Bales boots.

Whatever the bid is, if/when it comes, lets get it in cash and not someone elses rejects or cast offs.

As for Adams would take him if he's happy to be a squad player behind Modric, Sandro and the Hudd.

I dont want to see Adam next or near White Hart Lane. Too slow for top 6 club IMO, not to mention that tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »

+1 and are they not completly different types of player ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have to agree, no Adam for me. We have far better players in CM already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 michael s15

jesus i hope united dont buy bale
    ever game ive seen him in he hasnt looked anything special along the lines of a nani id say very hit and miss

and utd do be buying totteham crap berbartov and carrick

modric for 15m would be a good buy or even lennon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You're worrying about the wrong player in Bale. If Man Utd come in with a big bid for any Spurs player it'll be Modric. Lord Ferg is already on record saying that he considers him to be the best player in the league this season.

Im not too familiar with the soccer forums here, but do all posters deliberately undersell their potential transfer targets for their clubs - as if giving the player his full value on a boards.ie forum would affect the actual transfer value. We'll deliberately low ball Spurs fans on here and we might get Modric for 15m.

Well, I think Messi for 18m would be ideal for Spurs. And Vidic for 10m would be a good signing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

modric for 15 million. what a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A fee of £15m would be ridiculously low for a player of Modric's class. He signed a six year contract when he joined Spurs and he doesn't seem to be in any rush to leave. Realistically it'd be £30m+ before any dead would likely be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

ever game ive seen him in he hasnt looked anything special along the lines of a nani id say very hit and miss

Did you leave out a zero there by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Deluded manyoo fan alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If we sold Modric for 15m I'd give up on football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

yiddo59 wrote: »

He likes hacking at them, though.....definitely wouldn't want that thug in the side!

Advertisement