Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have eircom changed their usage caps on DSL broadband?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

eircom, have you changed prices / usage caps on DSL broadband?

ie
    €44.98 per month first 6 months Buy Now
    Standard price €51.78* thereafter

• Line rental included
    • Up to 8Mb uncongested broadband
    • Unlimited usage allowance
    • Unlimited local & national calls off–peak†
    • 30 FREE any network mobile minutes off–peak‡
    saw that on the eircom site, can you confirm that its correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ingen wrote: »
    eircom, have you changed prices / usage caps on DSL broadband?

ie
    €44.98 per month first 6 months Buy Now
    Standard price €51.78* thereafter

• Line rental included
    • Up to 8Mb uncongested broadband
    • Unlimited usage allowance
    • Unlimited local & national calls off–peak†
    • 30 FREE any network mobile minutes off–peak‡
    saw that on the eircom site, can you confirm that its correct?

Hi Ingen
    yes prices, uploads and speeds have been changed according to packages.
    The information you quote is correct. This link offers more information on the upgrades.
    If you require any further information just let me know.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

hi Tony thanks for the information, ok so now a customer can get up to 8mb speed, 250gb usage allowance, line rental , and off peak calls for €44.98 for the first 6 mths, and then €51.78 there after...

where as before broadband advanced and line rental cost €65.18

not a bad decrease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ingen wrote: »
    hi Tony thanks for the information, ok so now a customer can get up to 8mb speed, 250gb usage allowance, line rental , and off peak calls for €44.98 for the first 6 mths, and then €51.78 there after...

where as before broadband advanced and line rental cost €65.18

not a bad decrease.

Hi Ingen
    yes download usage has definitely become more important over recent years ( year almost) these upgrades definitely offer better value in this area.
    If you have any further query just post me here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 19 damienorourke

Hi,

For people who can't avail of NGB broadband.... is there a charge for going over the standard 30gb limit? I am getting very close to the 30gb limit... will probably end up over it this month.

My line is only capable of 2mb, so can't change to a better package even though I am willing to pay for the extra download usage..

Is changing to Vodafone (300gb limit) my only option here??

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

For people who can't avail of NGB broadband.... is there a charge for going over the standard 30gb limit? I am getting very close to the 30gb limit... will probably end up over it this month.

My line is only capable of 2mb, so can't change to a better package even though I am willing to pay for the extra download usage..

Is changing to Vodafone (300gb limit) my only option here??

Thanks,

Hi damienorourke,

At the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the standard broadband packages. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty.

However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on the standard broadband packages whocontinually have extremely excessive usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

So until you move to Next generation broadband you will not be charged any excess download fees

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement