Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uninstalling steam games

Options
  • 18-05-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

i just finished half life ep 2, quality game, but now i want to free up space on my laptop but cant find where to delete it, i know i can delete local content like save games etc but dont know how to delete the main game files. does anyone know how to do this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If you go into your Steam library, right click on the game and then choose Delete Local Content. This will also ask you if you want to remove the save games, which you can then choose to do/not do.

It will then stay in your library, but greyed out, ready to be downloaded any time you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Delete local content removes the entire game from your hard drive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did you actually Uninstall it from your Windows Programs thingy in Control Panel?

The game files are in <your computer>\Steam\steamapps\common\<game>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What Jelle said

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

thanks for the replies everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If the "delete local content" doesnt work, follow Kharns root path and just delete the whole folder for the game. Also copying these from one computer to another is a great way to avoid downloading a game again, or save it to an external drive if you want to free up room on your main drive.

Advertisement