Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discover Tramore Calendar

Options
  • 18-05-2011 3:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A few people have said that I should post the thread that I have over in Bargain Alerts, here, as they were unaware of the offer until reading it there.

So ill post it here for those in Waterford interested! I actually expected more regional orders when I posted it over there, but its been mostly Waterford based orders! :)
    Hi folks,
    Iv chatted with the mods about posting this, and have got the nod to let you know about an offer that may interest you.

I run a tourism website for Tramore, Discover Tramore, and I create various promotional material (christmas cards, postcards, and the calendar) and tourism information (local tourism maps, and brochures) for those coming to the town each year. Tramore, if you are unaware, is a lovely seaside town just 15mins or so outside of Waterford City. Its a popular tourism resort with lots to do and see.

Anyway, I did a 2011 Tramore Calendar which showcases various scenic photographs of Tramore around 2010. It went on sale around August and was very popular. Now, I am just doing a stock clearance as I printed a bit more than needed and its in my way at home!

The calendar is on sale for just €1 plus you get one free. There is a delivery charge via An Post if your outside Waterford (free within Waterford!) at €1.90 and if outside Ireland its €4.25.

You can flick through the calendar online and if you are interested, and you can also buy it online; http://discovertramore.ie/calendar

:)

There is a bit of discussion actually on the BA thread, with people recalling their memories of Tramore which is nice! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056270565

EDIT: 2012 Calendar of Tramore now out including a 2012 Calendar of Waterford. View here for more info;
    Discover Tramore Calendar
    Visit Waterford Calendar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Shouldn't this be in the County forum? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

AdMMM wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be in the County forum? :p

I think Sully pre-empted that question. THAT'S why he's a mod ;)
    Sully wrote: »
    So ill post it here for those in Waterford interested! I actually expected more regional orders when I posted it over there, but its been mostly Waterford based orders! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gscully wrote: »
    I think Sully pre-empted that question. THAT'S why he's a mod ;)

I'm still surprised at the orders from Waterford, didn't think many would (I expected more national/international online orders) buy them online!

Just to let people know, we have revised costings for our calendars from An Post just there.

€1.90 for delivery anywhere in Ireland (remember - Waterford delivery is Free!).
    €4.25 outside of Ireland (this has gone up, our old price was for one calendar only - our fault!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

2012 Calendar Update::

The Tramore calendar will be €3 for all Boardsies.

The Waterford calendar we are doing will also be €3 for all Boardsies.

Free delivery around Waterford. PM to order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

it should,nt be one rule for a mod and another for everyone else!!! this should be moved to county forum!!! i vote we all go on strike until the thread is moved everyone in agreement say aye!!!!!lol

• Advertisement

Its a city & county calendar, and id be shot if I had it in both. So this covers both angels without being given a slap and told I cant have two threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Why would anyone buy a Tramore Calender from you from you when there is already one on the market with money from it going to 2 local charities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Its a city & county calendar, and id be shot if I had it in both. So this covers both angels without being given a slap and told I cant have two threads :)
    aint you a clever boy sully lol good move though

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Who benifits from the proceeds of this ?

The calendars pay for themselves through sales and anything left over goes into the tourism sites. The overall aim is to promote tourism in Waterford.

• Advertisement

shanemul wrote: »
    Why would anyone buy a Tramore Calender from you from you when there is already one on the market with money from it going to 2 local charities

From your friend Gavin? Its going to the GAA, a charity and then the remainder goes to pay his own wages.

There are always loads of calendars Shane, we did our first with Gavin last year. Each for their own cause or commercial purpose. Our calendar is for tourism promotion. There are calendars there purely for commercial gain throughout the year

I applaud Gavin for giving to charity. :)

Sad that you don't support the idea but I know where your coming from with your good friendship with Gavin and I understand. Tourism is a big deal to Tramore and Waterford. We employee locals through tourism promotion, including Gavin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Any sample of what the calender will look like ?

Faq wrote: »
    Any sample of what the calender will look like ?

Haven't had a chance to get the Waterford calendar up, but the Tramore one is at www.discovertramore.ie/calendar/

Ill post when I get the low res Waterford one up. Boardsies were among the photographers who sent in photographs, including Trotter :)

I posted in the picture thread a while ago, but I simply want to promote our City & County. Tourism and Design are something I really enjoy doing, so being able to put them together and promote local businesses, photographers and Waterford in general is what I am trying to do. None of this can be done without financing it, and the calendar does two jobs; 1) Promotes Waterford and its businesses, 2) Helps pay for us to promote Waterford through other means.

We have always used local businesses in the production of this calendar and our material. Its my own business which designs the calendar and all other material, which I have local and other staff dotted around the country who work. Help promoting Waterford through all of this creates and saves jobs, and helps our economy which is vital.

I just said id offer the calendar cheaper here, as I did last year, as we have had many discussions on this forum alone about promoting Waterford and showing our assets to the world. Thought it might be a nice gesture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

Who can I report this shilling to ? :-D

Junior wrote: »
    Who can I report this shilling to ? :-D

I got permission to post this here and on the BA forum. :)

Anywho, no real discussion to be had here so ill close her up. Any questions, just send me a PM. :)

Waterford Calendar on sale tomorrow. More info including a preview here:

http://visitwaterford.ie/calendar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement