Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KINECT Question

• 18-05-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying the Kinect 2nd hand for the young lad.My question is does it work with the older 360 or does it need a special adapter.The one I'm looking at comes with just 1 usb cable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

punk77 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the Kinect 2nd hand for the young lad.My question is does it work with the older 360 or does it need a special adapter.The one I'm looking at comes with just 1 usb cable.

It needs external power for the older Xbox's, but works fine. If you are buying the kinect stand alone, it should come with the power cable included,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

mcgovern wrote: »
    It needs external power for the older Xbox's, but works fine. If you are buying the kinect stand alone, it should come with the power cable included,

Thanks man,it must be a bundled version he is selling.Are those power cables expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

Thanks man,it must be a bundled version he is selling.Are those power cables expensive?

I think they retail separately for about €35? Basing that off a foggy recollection that it made up a good deal of the saving on the bundle of an xbox and kinect, versus the 2 products separately, which was €50, so given the lack of the power cable (admittedly unnecessary for the slim consoles), the net saving was only about €15 to the customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If you can find one, probably €15-30 I would think. Microsoft sell them directly, for about €30, can find them on ebay / Amazon for cheaper if you find a seller that will ship to Ireland.

Edit: Link to Microsoft store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Why don't you buy one Pre Owned from one of the gaming shops.

Game and Gamestop do them.

Not 100% sure, but you should get the adaptor with it.

Also it will be guarenteed by the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    Why don't you buy one Pre Owned from one of the gaming shops.

Game and Gamestop do them.

Not 100% sure, but you should get the adaptor with it.

Also it will be guarenteed by the shop.

Any idea what price a pre-owned one in Game or Gamestop is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

http://www.gamestop.ie/35941_Xbox_360_Kinect_Kinect_Adventures.aspx

119.99 on the website. So should be around the same in shops?

Advertisement