Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEXFORD BRIDGE...NO LIGHTS!!

Options
  • 18-05-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

why isnt there any lights underneath wexford bridge...surly they can afford to put a few uplighters underneath spread out accross the bridge...

to have one of the longest bridges in ireland and no lights on it is a mystery! it would look the biz at nighttime...

enniscorthy has them on it ..on the two bridges actually... why doesnt the capital of wexford have them ?

NEEDS SORTING and will add to the general good feeling we have about our town and look well for visitors!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

why isnt there any lights underneath wexford bridge...surly they can afford to put a few uplighters underneath spread out accross the bridge...

to have one of the longest bridges in ireland and no lights on it is a mystery! it would look the biz at nighttime...

enniscorthy has them on it ..on the two bridges actually... why doesnt the capital of wexford have them ?

NEEDS SORTING and will add to the general good feeling we have about our town and look well for visitors!

Capital of Wexford ? The was only one Capital and that was The Capitol which closed in 84 as for the lights would that not be lke painting the firth bridge with upkeep and the like therefore just costing too much cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

yeah the capital of county wexford is wexford town... like it or lump it pal ! :)

Wexford, the capital town of County Wexford is set in the heart of the sunny South-East of Ireland. This old and historic town beside the sea owes its origins and early development to Celtic and Viking influences and Norman settlements.

any further questions on the back of a 50 euro note and send it to me at my personal address.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

There are lights under the bridge seen them most nights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

There are lights under the bridge seen them most nights

A photo from my archives taken in April 2009 -

3479587476_30bab3c176_z.jpg?zz=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

yeah the capital of county wexford is wexford town... like it or lump it pal ! :)

Wexford, the capital town of County Wexford is set in the heart of the sunny South-East of Ireland. This old and historic town beside the sea owes its origins and early development to Celtic and Viking influences and Norman settlements.

any further questions on the back of a 50 euro note and send it to me at my personal address.... :p

Irish Counties don't have capitals they have whats known as a County Town/County Seat.

• Advertisement

thanks jpb and everyone.... but that was 2009.... unfortunately they dont light them up anymore... ill have another gander again tonight

definately no lights under the bridge.... and havnt been for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sarah45121

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Capital of Wexford ? The was only one Capital and that was The Capitol which closed in 84 as for the lights would that not be lke painting the firth bridge with upkeep and the like therefore just costing too much cash.

It's the Forth Rail Bridge.

Advertisement