Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

many liquid milk suppliers on here?

• 18-05-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

was at a fmp meeting last night looks like glanbia want the liquid milk farmers to be paid on constituents:mad: this would not be a good thing , just wondering what do other liquid milk farmers think , is it the end of liquid milk contracts ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan1 wrote: »
    was at a fmp meeting last night looks like glanbia want the liquid milk farmers to be paid on constituents:mad: this would not be a good thing , just wondering what do other liquid milk farmers think , is it the end of liquid milk contracts ?

you were at the meeting in drogheda- i was in navan, same meeting
    there was a lot of resentment for a&b-c. personally as i expressed it was a great system for certain types of farms- four years ago i expressed at a meeting that one day all our milk would one day be paid like this and i was laughed at. we breed with solids in mind for the last ten years- as i pointed out that the price paid in april was on average only cents less than base price- personnaly we got paid 1.47 cent more for our surpless than for our liquid- i also pointed out that during the previous winter my surplus was worth nearly 10cent yes 10 cent more. inevitably this is the end of fmp which is a shame but we as farmers still have to stand up for ourselves- i for one wont sit back even if court orders must be obeyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

stanflt wrote: »
    you were at the meeting in drogheda- i was in navan, same meeting
    there was a lot of resentment for a&b-c. personally as i expressed it was a great system for certain types of farms- four years ago i expressed at a meeting that one day all our milk would one day be paid like this and i was laughed at. we breed with solids in mind for the last ten years- as i pointed out that the price paid in april was on average only cents less than base price- personnaly we got paid 1.47 cent more for our surpless than for our liquid- i also pointed out that during the previous winter my surplus was worth nearly 10cent yes 10 cent more. inevitably this is the end of fmp which is a shame but we as farmers still have to stand up for ourselves- i for one wont sit back even if court orders must be obeyed
    i also hear glanbia are putting the price of 2 litres of avonmore milk up 20 cent:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan1 wrote: »
    i also hear glanbia are putting the price of 2 litres of avonmore milk up 20 cent:eek:

final nailin coffin im afraid-the price differential will be too much for people to buy labeled milk

yup - total joke, just to keep them in their good salaries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Are liquid milk contracrs ting of the past
    Who killed -FRES MILK PRODUCERS:o:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

milkprofit wrote: »
    Are liquid milk contracrs ting of the past
    Who killed -FRES MILK PRODUCERS:o:eek::eek:
    thats what i want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mossy1

Hi All,
    I came across this the other day and was wondering how does a liquid milk contract work, as in do you still need to have quota or how do you get your hand on a contract like this???

Advertisement