Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total Annihilation

• 18-05-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was doing a bit of cleaning and found my old copy of total annihilation and instantly went to play it.. unfortunately i'm not running windows 95 anymore and i'm having some trouble with it.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me a way to run it on windows 7 if it can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It can definitely be done as Gog.com have it for sale. As to how much work is involved is unfortunately anyones guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Blowfish wrote: »
    It can definitely be done as Gog.com have it for sale. As to how much work is involved is unfortunately anyones guess.

I was just going to mention gog.com

You could try Dosbox - http://www.dosbox.com/

You will see from the Dosbox site that gog.com themselves use Dosbox to run some of their games.

If you have the time/patience you could try downloading a virtualisation tool such as VMWare Player and create a virtual machine running Windows95/98. You would need an original Windows95/98 cd or iso to install the OS though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

maybe try installing it on winXP first if you can and copy the program file over to win7. i did that and it runs no problem on my laptop.

Advertisement