Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a newborn

Options
  • 18-05-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Hey. Friends of mine have just had a baby boy, and I'd like to get them something as a gift. The thing is, I haven't a clue what to get! They have all the essentials, as far as I know. Cot, buggie, changing table, etc etc. And besides, they're rather impersonal to get as gifts. Does anyone have any suggestion for something unique and special I can get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I don't what the exact name is.

But something I've seen is like a globe and it has music and puts on a light display on the ceiling.
    Our younger brother was enthralled with it as an infant.
    Has a timer too so it'll switch off itself
    And seen them given as presents

Otherwise I'd get a photo album, a realy nice cover.
    I know everyone has laptops and digital cameras and so on these days
    But they might pick their best photos of the infant and get them printed and put them in the album. It'll last decades

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

They are lightshows, like mobiles but with lights instead of toys.

Mobiles are good presents, so are playmats. The one present my friend wanted was nappies because she had most things from her previous child!!

The clay thing where you can do the imprint of the babys hands and feet are a nice thought too. I think you can get them in chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

The best gift we got was an offer to baby sitting all night! :D

With a newborn, a full nights sleep is just about the best gift you can get. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You can get these plaster kits that you use to get a mould of the baby's hands/feet and the kid basically sets it up as something to hang on the wall

Think you can get them in art and hobby shops

Kinda like this:
    4334.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Buy the mother a nice present,the baby will get loads:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

rofno1 wrote: »
    The best gift we got was an offer to baby sitting all night! :D

With a newborn, a full nights sleep is just about the best gift you can get. :o

I think they'd like to get their baby back in once piece, to be honest! But I've a spare room they can always take advantage of!

Thanks for the replies! I have a couple of ideas to explore now. Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

best presents i got 3mths ago with latest one were: a gift set for me, a tummy tub (4yr old broke last one) and a bag from IKEA with meatballs, mash and ginger cookies - 2 dinners sorted, heaven.

Advertisement